The Student Room Group

LNAT 2017 Results

Scroll to see replies

Original post by christy98
According to old LNAT results threads on TSR:
2014 - 6th Feb (edit, checked again: 4 Feb)
2015 - 5th Feb
2016 - 28 Jan

Could be wrong but those are the rough dates. Also they seemed to come out around 3pm for the first batch, for anyone interested (yeah. I did a lot of back-reading.)

I'd hoped they would come out early like last year :cry:
Ahh! I am so happy I found this thread as I constantly check my e-mail to see if there have been any updates with uni stuff :smile: I also know that the averages have almost always increased for each testing year, so I'm a little worried about that.

I was wondering: are we allowed to share information on our test? For example, for the one I took there were essay options on judiciary system officials, but I don't remember the two other prompts (only remember the one I wrote about oops)... what about you guys? (if we are allowed to share)

Also, I have received offers from Bristol, Edinburgh, and Birmingham... but I have not yet heard from KCL (which I'd firm because PPL>>> ) and Durham, which are my top choices!

So. ANGSTY! HahahaaAAa... I really reaaally want to know how I did on the LNAT because I didn't feel terrible about it but this waiting makes me have second thoughts, I don't want to jinx it!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by christy98
According to old LNAT results threads on TSR:
2014 - 6th Feb (edit, checked again: 4 Feb)
2015 - 5th Feb
2016 - 28 Jan

Could be wrong but those are the rough dates. Also they seemed to come out around 3pm for the first batch, for anyone interested (yeah. I did a lot of back-reading.)

That is amazing. Thank you so much :smile:
Original post by pvdlstlp
Ahh! I am so happy I found this thread as I constantly check my e-mail to see if there have been any updates with uni stuff :smile: I also know that the averages have almost always increased for each testing year, so I'm a little worried about that.

I was wondering: are we allowed to share information on our test? For example, for the one I took there were essay options on judiciary system officials, but I don't remember the two other prompts (only remember the one I wrote about oops)... what about you guys? (if we are allowed to share)

Also, I have received offers from Bristol, Edinburgh, and Birmingham... but I have not yet heard from KCL (which I'd firm because PPL>>> ) and Durham, which are my top choices!

So. ANGSTY! HahahaaAAa... I really reaaally want to know how I did on the LNAT because I didn't feel terrible about it but this waiting makes me have second thoughts, I don't want to jinx it!

I'm pretty sure there's no point sharing the questions now since the deadline has closed. Oh and congrats on your offers :smile:
Original post by qwerty505
Yeah I do Antigone and Medea too :biggrin: but Hippolytus and Oedipus as well!

I'm so jealous!! I really wanted to do Oedipus QAQ
The Freudian Oedipal theory is so useful, we used it loads when studying Hamlet
><
Original post by Titania_Fleuret_
I'm so jealous!! I really wanted to do Oedipus QAQ
The Freudian Oedipal theory is so useful, we used it loads when studying Hamlet
><

Yeah its the best of the four!

Congrats on your offers!!
I get you TAT I haven't heard from any of my LNAT unis (KCL and UCL) so I'm like on edge rn
My essay was on freedom of expression concerning religion! I thought it went pretty well but now that I'm kept in the dark I'm kind of doubtful of that perception xD
I'm pretty sure there's no point sharing the questions now since the deadline has closed. Oh and congrats on your offers :smile:

Haha thank you so much!

& yeah, the deadline's closed, but I like discussing afterwards to see what people did with the prompts; I'm a student in a Thai international school and I'm literally the first person here to have taken the LNAT so I had no external guidance... also... I just find the topics interesting! :smile:

[edit - deathly grammar mistakes oops]
(edited 7 years ago)
Haha thank you so much!

& yeah, the deadline's closed, but I dont know, I like to still talk about the questions to see what people did; I'm a student in an Thai international school and I'm literally the first person here to have taken the LNAT so I had no external guidance... also... I just find the topics interesting! :smile:

Fair enough, how did you think your LNAT went anyway?
I get you TAT I haven't heard from any of my LNAT unis (KCL and UCL) so I'm like on edge rn
My essay was on freedom of expression concerning religion! I thought it went pretty well but now that I'm kept in the dark I'm kind of doubtful of that perception xD

Exactly! More time passes, more doubt arises.

Also I looked at your prompt and immediately clicked back to the first one like "nope nope" HAHA. I hope that your results are better than you originally expected and that this whole endeavour finishes soon! Good luck!
Fair enough, how did you think your LNAT went anyway?

I took 2 practice tests, which in hindsight was probably way too little prep. But it was really fun to take (except for the fact that my test room was a small cubicle in which a loud middle-aged man next to me was also taking some other sort of exam..). I'm more confident in the essay though, as I take mostly essay-based courses in school and also a Theory of Knowledge class (basically like a mandatory IB philosophy class). Hope yours went okay as well! :smile:
Reply 71

I had the same essay prompt!
Exactly! More time passes, more doubt arises.

Also I looked at your prompt and immediately clicked back to the first one like "nope nope" HAHA. I hope that your results are better than you originally expected and that this whole endeavour finishes soon! Good luck!

Thanks!! :smile: At least I have offers from my other three unis (which include my planned firm and insurance).. HAHA I thought it was a pretty sweet topic! What did u talk about for judicial systems? xD
Original post by r2795
I had the same essay prompt!

HAHA really?? What did you write about? xD
Reply 74
HAHA really?? What did you write about? xD

I don't even truly remember all my arguments hahahaa, I took the test in October, hbu?
Original post by r2795
I don't even truly remember all my arguments hahahaa, I took the test in October, hbu?

Same! Was planning to do it later but my friend (who applied for Oxford) wanted company, so I did it with her xD

I think I BSed a lot about Mill's harm principle/ duty of the law to protect vulnerable ppl's rights and prevent societal disruption VS the fundamental right of freedom/ slippery slope of having higher authorities control thoughts and need for liberal societies to accept contrasting religions (?)

But the MCs are so unpredictable; I was getting pretty awful scores for my practice tests haha.. I was planning to pull up my apps through the essay but now that I think about it I'm wary of saying that 'it went well'!! xD
Thanks!! :smile: At least I have offers from my other three unis (which include my planned firm and insurance).. HAHA I thought it was a pretty sweet topic! What did u talk about for judicial systems? xD

Gave definitions for key words, talked about how judiciary system members should reflect the respective society's demographic because of how justice would then be executed and come about (brought in schema and how people interpret language), talked about the cons/practicality of that (ex. in the real world societies place quotas for diversity which would then defeat the purpose of the "fair" aspect of justice because a judge would be selected for their gender/skin colour over experience and aptitude), but then talked about how the word "should", if taken as meaning "the most correct thing", means that the belief that members should reflect society would be the "most right" belief, because they should be selected on skill and not superficial qualities, and so if a judiciary "committee" per se reflects diverse members of society and is also selected blind to superficial qualities, then this reflects the "most correct" thing.. and also would reflect that that society is doing pretty well in terms of education and stuff!

Okay honestly I dont even think that that TLDR explanation made sense but its almost midnight here and I'm pretty tired on retrospect lets hope my actual essay made sense I think it did AHHHHHHghsdfjkghdfg
(edited 7 years ago)
I think my essay was on the judiciary being more representative of society but can't really remember. Only remember checking it 50 times to make sure I read it right :biggrin:

Also looks like results aren't coming out today :cry:
(edited 7 years ago)
Same! Was planning to do it later but my friend (who applied for Oxford) wanted company, so I did it with her xD

I think I BSed a lot about Mill's harm principle/ duty of the law to protect vulnerable ppl's rights and prevent societal disruption VS the fundamental right of freedom/ slippery slope of having higher authorities control thoughts and need for liberal societies to accept contrasting religions (?)

But the MCs are so unpredictable; I was getting pretty awful scores for my practice tests haha.. I was planning to pull up my apps through the essay but now that I think about it I'm wary of saying that 'it went well'!! xD

Omg same I talked about Mill as well haha. Also I had pretty much the same points as you, talked about the Human Rights Act too, think we did the same question? (Your essay probably did go well, because mine did - I mean, well enough to secure an Oxford interview and UCL offer at least!)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Qwerty0707
I thought that I did an average job on the LNAT, but I got an offer from Bristol, which I'm happy with :smile: Still waiting for my other LNAT uni (KCL). I guess I'll see how I did soon..

Congrats on your offer, what are your grades? Predicted and GCSE if you don't mind me asking? And when did you take the LNAT? I too applied to Bristol and KCL but am yet to hear back! Good luck with KCL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending