The Student Room Group

Eligibity queries

I'm applying for finance for this year and I start in September on the first year of a foundation degree.

Im a mature student and moved out of the family home and in with my boyfriend and his parents in 2015, but have not been financially independent for 3 years and am currently unemployed, I also pay rent to live with them. I will be living in a student house with other students so will be applying for tuition fee loans and maintenance loans. My mum accepts benefits, and my boyfriend's parents work but I am responsible for my own finances and am self sustaining, will this affect my application?
Its a complicated case and I want to ensure my application is accurate.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sophknow96
I'm applying for finance for this year and I start in September on the first year of a foundation degree.

Im a mature student and moved out of the family home and in with my boyfriend and his parents in 2015, but have not been financially independent for 3 years and am currently unemployed, I also pay rent to live with them. I will be living in a student house with other students so will be applying for tuition fee loans and maintenance loans. My mum accepts benefits, and my boyfriend's parents work but I am responsible for my own finances and am self sustaining, will this affect my application?
Its a complicated case and I want to ensure my application is accurate.

How old will you be this September?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
How old will you be this September?

Original post by sophknow96

Then your mum will be asked to provide her income for assessment (if she's on benefits then she'll need to find her P60U from the DWP that details her taxable income).
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Then your mum will be asked to provide her income for assessment (if she's on benefits then she'll need to find her P60U from the DWP that details her taxable income).

Okay, thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending