The Student Room Group

Leaving Sixth Form during the first year

I am currently doing my AS Levels at my high school sixth form however, I am certain I want to leave asap. I am wondering if it is possible by law to drop out now and work full time at my part time job as I am going to leave after this year anyway to go to college therefore, I'd rather leave now than have to carry on and wait until summer.
Hiya. so the law is you have to stay in some sort of education till 18. There's no major consequences by breaking that law except that child benefits and child tax credit is stopped. If you're going to work then there's no problem in that as many people choose to leave to just start working. I've done sort of the same; hated my sixth form so I left around October, doing some stuff meanwhile and hopefully going to go to a college this year.
Reply 2
Thanks for the response! So I could leave now and start college in September and it wouldn't be a problem or anything?
Original post by ovoseela
Thanks for the response! So I could leave now and start college in September and it wouldn't be a problem or anything?

Id double check, but i didnt think that workplaces could let under 18's work there without you being in some form of education.
Ill double check but i think they can get in trouble for knowingly letting an under 18 work there without being in some form of education.

Quick Reply

Latest