The Student Room Group

Does anyone else here Lucid Dream?

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I don't think so...
I haven't remembered a dream for a good ten years so that's a resounding no there:P
Kind of. But it was restricted and limited.
Original post by Mathemagicien
I was the same, except my drunk neighbour in halls always wakes me up at 3am these days... honestly grateful, he's got me back into lucid dreaming. Its like doing drugs (I assume), but better (I assume).

You'd be surprised how much of your dreams you could start remembering if you recorded a bit every morning. You'd remember a little more every few days.

After years, I wonder if I even do dream, what I had before was mostly nightmares seemingly.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah, lucid dreaming is boss. I feel for people who don't/can't, you're missing out. It's like creating a videogame, enabling all of the cheats, then doing your thing.

That being said, I've found that my lucid dreams tend to happen during the middle of a standard dream. For example, I'll be dreaming of being in a house, doing something completely arbitrary. Standard dream stuff will happen, and then I'll suddenly realise that I'm there. And after that point I'll be lucid.
yeah!!!!
but recently i've just been wasting them
like i know i'm dreaming but i don't realise that means i can do whatever i want
so i just go along with the dream like normal until i stop being lucid
Yes. I learnt it when i was 16 and now I even have special equipment and methods that induce lucid dreams.
I've done that a few times. I guess that's a semi-lucid dream? Really annoying. Hey, there are big floating pillars of rock that I'm jumping between on some weird quest. Cool, I must be dreaming! Hey, lets finish this arbitrary quest (bonus points for making it as dull as possible - e.g. pick blueberries) for no reason, when we could instead be doing really cool stuff.

hahaha yeah exactly and then i always feel so mad at myself when i wake up :frown:
i think that happens more whenever i don't actually try to lucid dream and it just happens
because then i have nothing i specifically wanted to do and it's unlikely i'd come up with something right then
Dream induced lucid dream. That's the most common amongst beginners.

AFAIK, it works by noticing something in your dream that you realise would not happen in real life. But its obviously not foolproof; I still have dreams involving my dead mother, and that should be the biggest tip-off that I'm dreaming. But my semi-conscious dream mind is rather stupid.

Have you tried any specific methods to lucid dream?

Not really. It either happens or it doesn't, and at this point I'm more concerned about getting a full nights sleep than I am about the quality of my dreams :lol:

It seems to come relatively naturally to me anyway: out of three nights, I'll remember actively dreaming during two of those nights, and I'll be lucid about... maybe 20% of my dreams? So on average I go lucid once every 4-8 days (if my maths is correct, which it probably isn't), which isn't bad going.
And if not, why the hell not?

Every night :s-smilie:
Sometimes they get - weird...
Sometimes they can be helpful: ie: I will dream about potential scenarios for the following day and therefore can make more informed decisions about what to do in them? :erm:
My old Psychology teacher said something about the dreams you remember having now actually happened 2 weeks ago. I don't know how much of this is true but I have never forgotten this.
Interesting :beard:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Every night :s-smilie:
Sometimes they get - weird...
Sometimes they can be helpful: ie: I will dream about potential scenarios for the following day and therefore can make more informed decisions about what to do in them? :erm:
My old Psychology teacher said something about the dreams you remember having now actually happened 2 weeks ago. I don't know how much of this is true but I have never forgotten this.
Interesting :beard:

omg howwww i wanna lucid dream so bad.
Iv had some odd dreams hahah but i can hardly remember them when I wake up.

Spoiler

I only ever remember having one once. As soon as I realized I was dreaming, I got too excited and woke up!

I've always wanted to Lucid dream but it doesn't seem like a simple task and almost takes lots of research to achieve it. The thought of going into sleep paralysis is a bit scary and kind of puts me off it though!
Original post by junayd1998
omg howwww i wanna lucid dream so bad.
Iv had some odd dreams hahah but i can hardly remember them when I wake up.

Spoiler

I find it easy to dream/daydream
I've had some horrible nightmares too - just no.
:I
Sometimes it's best not to :/

Spoiler

Sort of do very regularly. Definitely not in the conventional sense, but I have this unusual ability in which, if I'm in the middle of a dream and I don't like the way it's going, at any given moment I can take control and be like "Anyways, sod this, I'm gonna wake myself up now." and then wake up instantly. Every time it happens I just think how cool it is and then go straight back to sleep :h:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
I find it easy to dream/daydream
I've had some horrible nightmares too - just no.
:I
Sometimes it's best not to :/

Spoiler

ahh lucky!
omg yh me too there soo spooky but when i wake up im like damn that was sick lool
:tongue:
I can do whatever I like in my dreams and often remember (and enjoy thinking about them, I love my dreaming) them quite well. Happens a lot to be honest, and a tactic for them (at least for me) is to simply drift back and forth or linger around before sleeping, it helps quite a bit.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Sort of do very regularly. Definitely not in the conventional sense, but I have this unusual ability in which, if I'm in the middle of a dream and I don't like the way it's going, at any given moment I can take control and be like "Anyways, sod this, I'm gonna wake myself up now." and then wake up instantly. Every time it happens I just think how cool it is and then go straight back to sleep :h:

How? :cry2: Even for nightmares? :redface:
Original post by junayd1998
ahh lucky!
omg yh me too there soo spooky but when i wake up im like damn that was sick lool
:tongue:

yeah :hide:
Reply 18
No :biggrin: Always wanted one though
I think maybe once? And I did wake up very soon after... [It was quite a naughty one too] :blush:

My dreams are either really, really random, or include things I've seen in the past day, but don't really remember paying attention to. So say if I saw a school friend passing in the corridor, I would not remember seeing them, nor would I dwell upon the memory of their face. But my dream may include it, as if it's only the subconscious stuff it's using (which is kinda the point, I guess) :dontknow:

Gimme some pointers guys :please:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest