The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by neurosurgeon
That's what I'm afraid of, too. I got my grades (grad student) and as KCL alumna thought the chance of an interview was pretty decent here, but I think all candidates are really strong so that apparently is no definite recipe for success. You're right, no news is still something. I hope you got other interviews/offers?

Fingers crossed for you. Yes I have thank you, interview at Liverpool tomorrow (!) and Southampton in March. Have you? :-) x
Hi guys! Anyone with an interview next Tuesday???? :-)
Original post by azlana
Has any international students received offers or rejections?

Nope but I'm going for my interview on Tuesday!
People who have gone for the interview - were the questions generic or were they particularly bizarre?? (I'm not asking what the questions are I just want to get a general feel of it from you guys)
Original post by Fleuves
Fingers crossed for you. Yes I have thank you, interview at Liverpool tomorrow (!) and Southampton in March. Have you? :-) x

I already had two interviews at my two top choices, so as long as I get an offer from one of them, I'd be more than happy. Of course more interviews means higher chance of any kind of offer, so still chasing up on King's. Awesome, good luck tomorrow (and in March haha), I'm sure you'll do great!! :smile:
Reply 2125
Congrats to everyone with offers! I'm a graduate and just been given an interview slot for March. I know you can't give much away but to those who have already had an interview I was just wondering if Kings has a scenario station with an actor? I'm not so good at them so would be fab to know if I should prepare for one of those.
Original post by KRM100
Congrats to everyone with offers! I'm a graduate and just been given an interview slot for March. I know you can't give much away but to those who have already had an interview I was just wondering if Kings has a scenario station with an actor? I'm not so good at them so would be fab to know if I should prepare for one of those.

There's no role play with actors.

All questions are fairly generic, just standard interview practice with STARR format should suffice.

:smile:
Original post by LemonHead123
There's no role play with actors.

All questions are fairly generic, just standard interview practice with STARR format should suffice.

What's the STARR format? :smile:
Original post by rosemondtan
What's the STARR format? :smile:

When you respond to a question that's usually like 'give an example of a time you...', apply the STARR format of answering:

S - Situation (gives context to interviewer)
T - Task (what was required)
A - Action (what you did to come a solution)
R - Result (what happened following your actions? Was the task completed etc)
R- Reflection (what you have learned from the situation and how this will help you in the future)

For more in-depth examples just google it; most are very generic so as long as you have prepared examples you can really embellish them.

People who have gone for the interview - were the questions generic or were they particularly bizarre?? (I'm not asking what the questions are I just want to get a general feel of it from you guys)

I was a little surprised by it tbh. But it was my first MMI at the time so it probably won't be as bad.
Original post by LemonHead123
When you respond to a question that's usually like 'give an example of a time you...', apply the STARR format of answering:

S - Situation (gives context to interviewer)
T - Task (what was required)
A - Action (what you did to come a solution)
R - Result (what happened following your actions? Was the task completed etc)
R- Reflection (what you have learned from the situation and how this will help you in the future)

For more in-depth examples just google it; most are very generic so as long as you have prepared examples you can really embellish them.

Thank you so much!! :smile:
Original post by studentsixth
I was a little surprised by it tbh. But it was my first MMI at the time so it probably won't be as bad.

So in retrospect the stations weren't very bizarre??
So in retrospect the stations weren't very bizarre??

They're unexpected but I didn't think they were bizarre in terms of what they asked? (I think that makes sense lol)
Original post by studentsixth
I fail in life. That's what they usually do. But they tend to give out a few each day and then give out mass offers and rejections in march after a score threshold (or ranking cut-off in this year's case) is made.

On another note, some rejections went out tonight! My friend had an interview early February and got rejected.

How many post interview rejections do you think have gone out? I still find it strange nobody has posted with one yet, although understandable. If people are posting with their pre interview rejections why not post interview? Hmm
Any Grads still not heard back?
Original post by Elliee_98
How many post interview rejections do you think have gone out? I still find it strange nobody has posted with one yet, although understandable. If people are posting with their pre interview rejections why not post interview? Hmm

Pre interview rejections don't feel as bad. With post interview rejections, you have been rejected after they meet you and get to know you so it hits harder. That's what I feel anyway.
Original post by Elliee_98

Id probably think not a lot. I'm almost certain they will just give out offers every so often until the end of March anyways so it's still gonna be a while
hey, could anyone post if they receive offers today? would be very helpful :smile:
Does anyone know if theres an offer holders day, where we go see round etc?
Original post by Mimihxx04
Does anyone know if theres an offer holders day, where we go see round etc?

congrats! may i ask when your interview was?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending