The Student Room Group

Conditional offer as my firm!! Pls help ASAP!!

So I just got my conditional offer from the university I really want to go to today, I want to know if I accept that offer as my firm, is it possible for the university to change their offer after that? (My friend has applied for the same course as me and got a conditional offer, when they accepted that as their firm choice their offer changed to unconditional) again is it possible for a uni to change offers after firm acceptance?? Thanks.
Original post by Lovablegrande
So I just got my conditional offer from the university I really want to go to today, I want to know if I accept that offer as my firm, is it possible for the university to change their offer after that? (My friend has applied for the same course as me and got a conditional offer, when they accepted that as their firm choice their offer changed to unconditional) again is it possible for a uni to change offers after firm acceptance?? Thanks.

It is possible yes, but not that likely
Original post by claireestelle
It is possible yes, but not that likely

Is there a reason why they do this after accepting the conditional offer as firm and changing it to unconditional, as it happened to my friend and I'm just wondering if it's going to happen to me because I will be accepting them as firm. Sorry about this but I'm just a bit worried.
Is there a reason why they do this after accepting the conditional offer as firm and changing it to unconditional, as it happened to my friend and I'm just wondering if it's going to happen to me because I will be accepting them as firm. Sorry about this but I'm just a bit worried.

Some Unis try to get students to go to their Unis by giving an unconditional offer IF they make them their firm choice.

It's possible since starting to hand out offers, they then realised not enough people were accepting places so they wouldn't have enough students.
Original post by Bobjim12
Some Unis try to get students to go to their Unis by giving an unconditional offer IF they make them their firm choice.

My friend and I were given the same offer but they didn't say in the offer they would change it to unconditional if accepted as firm. There was no mention of that, and my friend got a unconditional after accepting it as firm
My friend and I were given the same offer but they didn't say in the offer they would change it to unconditional if accepted as firm. There was no mention of that, and my friend got a unconditional after accepting it as firm

Yes, that is odd. They usually make it explicit, perhaps that they weren't expecting your friend to firm them and thus are attempting to hold onto them.
Original post by Bobjim12
Yes, that is odd. They usually make it explicit, perhaps that they weren't expecting your friend to firm them and thus are attempting to hold onto them.

Do you think there's a chance they will give me an unconditional like my friend if I accept them as firm?
Do you think there's a chance they will give me an unconditional like my friend if I accept them as firm?

There's no way of knowing for sure, but if what the other person is saying and that they are low on numbers and that you are a realistic applicant (acceptable grades etc) then it is possible.

As claire said it is possible.
You are getting into a tizz over very little.
Just ring them up and ask if theres any chance it will be made conditional if you firm it. Point out your friends experience. You dont get if you dont ask.

The reason it is done is because it locks you in.
Ok thanks for everyone's help, I'll take your advice into consideration!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
just out of curiosity, what course did you apply to?
Original post by Kiimii
just out of curiosity, what course did you apply to?

Fashion Design

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending