The Student Room Group

My lips dry a lot like a lot

Hey everyone. So basically my lips are dry all the time. It's so annoying that I almost feel like a snake licking them all the time. I drink a lot of water(2-3 litres a day) and it's not just in winter it's year round.Itt has been like this for 4-5 years. I am a boy by the way. Any advice will be helpful. Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Same
Have you tried turning it on and off again?
I have this too. I think it's just in the genes tbh, carmex, vaseline, exfoliating now again are only temporary fixes and thats on a good day.

I've accepted it. If I'm going out though I'll exfoliate hard enough for the dead skin to come off and then really quickly I'll apply blistex or carmex, that should last me for couple hours to a day, provided I moistures with carmex/blistex throughout the day
Original post by TheGoodPharaoh

lmao
Original post by Elise213
lmao

thank you
Try vaseline as it's the best :tongue: and I started using carmex recently!
Lip balm
Reply 8
Stop sucking so much dick. :wink:
try exfoliating and moisturising it (within the same timeframe) with effective lip cream. Carmex is really good
Original post by Anonymous
I have this too. I think it's just in the genes tbh, carmex, vaseline, exfoliating now again are only temporary fixes and thats on a good day.

I've accepted it. If I'm going out though I'll exfoliate hard enough for the dead skin to come off and then really quickly I'll apply blistex or carmex, that should last me for couple hours to a day, provided I moistures with carmex/blistex throughout the day

It's so annoying when talking to people and stuff. But I will try one of the things you've mentioned. Thanks a lot
Original post by TheGoodPharaoh

Na mate though I put them in rice overnight but it didn't work
Original post by tasha_tah

Carmex :five:

The cherry one is really good :yep:
Hey everyone. So basically my lips are dry all the time. It's so annoying that I almost feel like a snake licking them all the time. I drink a lot of water(2-3 litres a day) and it's not just in winter it's year round.Itt has been like this for 4-5 years. I am a boy by the way. Any advice will be helpful. Thank you

Smash through that Vaseline.
Original post by tasha_tah

Lip balm

Original post by Elise213
try exfoliating and moisturising it (within the same timeframe) with effective lip cream. Carmex is really good

Thanks a lot
Original post by Dom2375
Stop sucking so much dick. :wink:

Can't help it mate
Reply 14
Apply coconut oil on them.
I sort of have the same issue as you too, but not as bad as the way you described it.

I've been using:

Attachment not found
Original post by Suzanne123
Smash through that Vaseline.

Original post by h333
Apply coconut oil on them.

Thanks a lot
I sort of have the same issue as you too, but not as bad as the way you described it.

I've been using:

Attachment not found

Thanks a lot. Since its petrolium based does your lips appear shiny after applying this?
Reply 17
Ive tried everything and I found out why my lips constantly had dry skin was because of the toothpaste I was using. Try using a different toothpaste or a "flouride free" toothpaste and see if it works.
Reply 18
Omg I have this issue. I've tried blistex vaseline carmex nivea lip balm loreal baby lips and the lush scrub. Nothing works for me! Everything leaves a greasy residue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19

Try the following;
1. Blistex intensive moisturiser *use for a week and see if there are any improvements* (around £2 and can be purchased from boots, superdrug, a pharmacy and tescos exc)
2. a lip scrub (these can be really great and provide moisture for your lips all day! Can range from different prices, depending on the brand!)
3. KEEP A LIPBALM THAT EITHER HAS BEESWAX OR PETROLEUM! These ingredients provide a barrier and keep all the moisture in your lips! HOWEVER AVOID LIPBALMS IN CONTAINERS OR POTS because dipping your finger in constantly can produce GERMS!
4. If you’re consuming too much vitamin A, or are taking too many supplements, this may be causing your chapped and pealing lips.
5. If you're on medication, it could possibly be causing your chapped lips.
6.types of toothpaste contain the ingredient sodium lauryl sulfate, and reports in popular media indicate this ingredient can be irritating enough to causing dryness and chapping of the lips. If you are struggling with chapped lips, try switching toothpaste, but also take a look at other products you use on your lips. Many have dehydrating alcohols in them, which you should also try to avoid.

7. Ever noticed your lips feel somewhat chapped when you have a cold that forces you to breath through your mouth all night long?This happens due to allergies. Having air constantly pass over your lips serves to dry them out. People who snore or have sleep apnea have this problem and frequently wake up with chapped lips. In each of these situations, it’s best to keep your lips moisturized throughout the day, especially before going to bed. And work with your doctor to correct the underlying problem.

8. If all else fails, i would get in touch with a doctor before the matter gets any worse! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest