The Student Room Group

Unhealthy crush

I have a massive crush on this guy and I've had a few awkward moments with him in the past. I even have to go under therapy because of how unhealthy this crush, I seriously can't get over him. So, today I was on Tinder and I came across his profile. I don't know what to do. I don't want to swipe right and see the results no matter if it is a match or not. Please help. I don't want to swipe left either. Is there any ways to find out if he has swiped right too without letting him know that there is a match if I do swipe right?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I have a massive crush on this guy and I've had a few awkward moments with him in the past. I even have to go under therapy because of how unhealthy this crush, I seriously can't get over him. So, today I was on Tinder and I came across his profile. I don't know what to do. I don't want to swipe right and see the results no matter if it is a match or not. Please help. I don't want to swipe left either. Is there any ways to find out if he has swiped right too without letting him know that there is a match if I do swipe right?

omd, move on
Reply 2

Gosh, just swipe right dammit. It's Tinder, it won't take you long to find another hot guy.
Reply 3
Original post by study beats
omd, move on

It's easy for you to say this but it's hard to do so hence why I have counsellors helping me out
Reply 4
Original post by UWS
Gosh, just swipe right dammit. It's Tinder, it won't take you long to find another hot guy.

I know but like I said before there has been some awkward situations between me and this guy. So, if I swipe right and if we do match I don't want him to find out that I've swiped right too. Like I am trying to show him that I don't have a crush on him anymore but in reality, I still do!
I have seen many hot guys but I have no interest in anyone except him and which is why I have counsellors helping me out to get over him.
Therapy LOOOOOL
It's easy for you to say this but it's hard to do so hence why I have counsellors helping me out

What about closing the app then re opening, that may show another user? It has been ages since I used Tinder (to no success).
Reply 7
I know but like I said before there has been some awkward situations between me and this guy. So, if I swipe right and if we do match I don't want him to find out that I've swiped right too. Like I am trying to show him that I don't have a crush on him anymore but in reality, I still do!
I have seen many hot guys but I have no interest in anyone except him and which is why I have counsellors helping me out to get over him.

There's no point in pursuing this then. You say this is unhealthy so the best thing to do is uninstall the app and forget about him altogether, you already have counselling so just work on that.
Reply 8

If you swipe right and he swipes you left he'll never know you swiped him right and i he swipes you right then it's a match and you can speak to him
Reply 9
Original post by UWS
There's no point in pursuing this then. You say this is unhealthy so the best thing to do is uninstall the app and forget about him altogether, you already have counselling so just work on that.

I guess you are right in a way but even counselling ain't helping me out ffs

Swipe left!!!
Original post by Newbie_noob
What about closing the app then re opening, that may show another user? It has been ages since I used Tinder (to no success).

I have already done that many times but after a few other profiles, it keeps coming back to his one.
Original post by ZiggyStarDust_
Swipe left!!!

Really? Left?
Original post by Moura
If you swipe right and he swipes you left he'll never know you swiped him right and i he swipes you right then it's a match and you can speak to him

That's true but it will be awkward between us if it's a match though
That's true but it will be awkward between us if it's a match though

why would it be awkward?
Really? Left?

yes left!! It's now or never.
Swipe right and say it was an accident
Original post by Moura

Shall I swipe right and see the result. If it's a match, can I delete my profile and will he still get notified?
Original post by WoodesRogers
Swipe right and say it was an accident

Shall I swipe right and see the result. If it's a match, can I delete my profile and will he still get notified?
Original post by UWS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending