The Student Room Group

Failed a module in my final year!

P.S I tried asking around but no one is giving me the answer that I need 😩😩😩
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Zaralisaa8
Hello everyone,
I study at the university of Greenwich, and this is my finial year.
Unfortunately I failed a module 😩 and I really want to graduate with my mates.
I was reading the university handbook, and there is a page talking about Compensation, has anyone graduated even after failing a module?

P.S I tried asking around but no one is giving me the answer that I need 😩😩😩

This would be an examination allowance - the board would have to agree to allowing you to proceed to the degree by essentially 'forgiving' the fail. It would be on application, and need good evidence.

What was the fail mark? 39?
Reply 2
Original post by Reality Check
This would be an examination allowance - the board would have to agree to allowing you to proceed to the degree by essentially 'forgiving' the fail. It would be on application, and need good evidence.

What was the fail mark? 39?

Thanks for replying, I'm just seeing this now..
(edited 6 years ago)
Thanks for replying, I'm just seeing this now..
Unfortunately it was a Fail. Straight 30.

Oh dear. In that case, it's unlikely that the board would give you final compensatory credit to allow you to graduate, unless you have some extenuating reasons for the particularly low mark. Have you heard anything in the interim about this?
Hey I go to Greenwich University too I'm doing computer science in my final year and I;ve failed a couple of coursework and may even fail my disertation so I'm also worried that I'm not gonna get my degree now and I dont want to resit
By the way I failed one exam last year which made me fail the module overall so I had to resit the exam in the summer holidays and I failed it again I got 35% and they compensated that so I don;t know what the minimum percentage is to compensate I'm hoping that its 30% too.
Reply 6
Original post by Reality Check
Oh dear. In that case, it's unlikely that the board would give you final compensatory credit to allow you to graduate, unless you have some extenuating reasons for the particularly low mark. Have you heard anything in the interim about this?

Thanks again.. for the answer.. I thought as much..
The module I failed was a 30 credit unfortunately, but what I don't understand is why they made us do it all in one term, normally 30 credit are done in two terms but the gab between the 1st assignment and the second assignment is just too little in my own opinion, but it's okay.

Thanks again
Thanks again.. for the answer.. I thought as much..
The module I failed was a 30 credit unfortunately, but what I don't understand is why they made us do it all in one term, normally 30 credit are done in two terms but the gab between the 1st assignment and the second assignment is just too little in my own opinion, but it's okay.

Thanks again

You're welcome - I'm only sorry I can't be more positive about it!
Reply 8
Original post by kaylababesxx
By the way I failed one exam last year which made me fail the module overall so I had to resit the exam in the summer holidays and I failed it again I got 35% and they compensated that so I don;t know what the minimum percentage is to compensate I'm hoping that its 30% too.

Yes I hope as well. No one is really giving the answer, because on the handbook it says (30%-39%)
Reply 9
Original post by kaylababesxx

I know this is from a long time ago, but I am in the same situation, I am actually not gonna submit my dissertation resit because of my own stupidity I could not finish it on time, I have passed all other modules in my 3rd year and the only one missing is the dissertation. Will I be able to retake the dissertation in the next academic year? And if yes what will be the price of the studies? still 9250pounds or cheaper?
P.S I am from the university of Greenwich aswell.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending