The Student Room Group

White privilege?

This to me is a clear example of white privilege :smile:

Now had this been a young black girl I think the decision would have been very different and had this been a young Muslim girl in a headscarf, the entire article would emphasise religion and somehow link her to being a terrorist.

But she's white so it's cool, she got away with it. You people really do 'get away with murder' as you like to say :smile:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/16/oxford-student-spared-jail-extraordinary-talent/

Scroll to see replies

That's also feminism in action.

A muslim man would probably have been given the worst sentence of all lol.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ChickenMadness
That's also feminism in action.

A muslim man would probably have been given the worst sentence of all lol.

True that haha, he could only have possibly stabbed somebody because he is part of ISIS.
white people get away with everything, it sickens me. She got spared from a jail for her talent?? what talent? talent in white privilege. ugh.
Wow. Let's all jump on the hate white people bandwagon. One example of a white woman who didn't kill; but stabbed her boyfriend and you bash all white people. Then, when people call all muslims terrorists, you shut them down, call them racist, islamophobes, xenophobes etc. Hypocrisy at its finest.
(edited 6 years ago)
They put nice pictures of her in the article too-something that might not happen for PoC.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by CIEBioloysifh
Wow. Let's all jump on the hate white people bandwagon. One example of a white woman who didn't kill; but stabbed her boyfriend and you bash all white people. Then, when people call all muslims terrorists, you shut them down, call them racist, islamophobes, xenophobes etc. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Who is hating white people
Original post by emerald7770
white people get away with everything, it sickens me. She got spared from a jail for her talent?? what talent? talent in white privilege. ugh.

You could be smarter than her but still not go to oxford-her probably being rich helps.
Original post by feministy
Who is hating white people

Original post by aarora

Now had this been a young black girl I think the decision would have been very different and had this been a young Muslim girl in a headscarf, the entire article would emphasise religion and somehow link her to being a terrorist.

But she's white so it's cool, she got away with it. You people really do 'get away with murder' as you like to say :smile:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/16/oxford-student-spared-jail-extraordinary-talent/

"You people" Replace white with Muslim and see if you change your mind.

P.S. you seem to enjoy commenting on posts that bash white people

White people are so damn oppressed

Muslim privilege???

White privilege exists, get over it.

erm i think theyre bashing white privilege mate. White ppl arent oppressed.
More to do with social class than race. I can't imagine a white person on benefits living on a council estate would have got away with it.
Yep, blatantly obvious that white ppl are let off easy by the legal system. And for anyone who thinks that this is because she's a woman, you can have a look at Brock Turner then come back to me.

Her white skin is the only reason why the legal system gives her a lighter system. The system is rigged against non whites.
Reply 14

I'm so sorry, only ethnic minorities are privileged and white people are oppressed. :smile:
Original post by feministy
You could be smarter than her but still not go to oxford-her probably being rich helps.

Rich white girl
Original post by fx991esplus
Yep, blatantly obvious that white ppl are let off easy by the legal system. And for anyone who thinks that this is because she's a woman, you can have a look at Brock Turner then come back to me.

Her white skin is the only reason why the legal system gives her a lighter system. The system is rigged against non whites.

Men are likely to be given longer sentences than women for the same crime. Her gender probably has a little to do with it. The whole 'women are weak' thing.
Rich white girl

Rich white intelligent girl.
It's ableist too.
Original post by aarora

Theres a whole thread on this already.

She hasnt got away with anything as sentence has been deferred. Why not come up with some evidence of something comparable?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4352468/Cricketer-beat-wife-join-Leicestershire.html
Reply 19
Original post by izpenguin
More to do with social class than race. I can't imagine a white person on benefits living on a council estate would have got away with it.

I think a white woman on benefits probably would be fined, there's no way prison would even be an option because she's white after all.

Then obv once she explains she can't pay because she's on benefits, she'd probs get away with it because ultimately the flawed UK justice system can't be putting a white person in jail :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest