The Student Room Group

Spanish a2 (aqa) 2017

Scroll to see replies

Yeahhh I'm doing cubaaa
Original post by Bubblebex1
Hi everyone, so glad to see a AQA Spanish group! my cultural topics are Cuba (is anyone else doing Cuba?) and Machuca (a chilean film). I can't believe how much harder A2 is than AS, but hopefully we will all be fine after a couple of months of hard work! BTW a skype group sounds great!! xxx
I'm learning about Fracking. Yey! 🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PCsqwelch
Guys.
For the A2 exam....
Are there any sub topics you've been doing that aren't in the textbook?
I felt really caught out with the henna tattoos and beach bars, it wasn't something I'd ever seen before.
Have your teachers done any obscure stuff with you?
Hope you can help :smile:
Thank you x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean even though there's a little bit on it, we focused a lot on NGOs for environment and racism in football and sport.
Original post by maneet_23
I mean even though there's a little bit on it, we focused a lot on NGOs for environment and racism in football and sport.

So perhaps my entire evening on the Greenpeace website has been worth it 😂
Gracias!

Posted from TSR Mobile
So perhaps my entire evening on the Greenpeace website has been worth it 😂
Gracias!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably was, I mean she made me and the other student in my class choose an ngo and we had to do a whole pot presentation of it on Spanish and gave handouts. Mine was on Greenpeace lol.

And de nada 👊🏼
Probably was, I mean she made me and the other student in my class choose and ngo and we had to do a whole pot presentation of it on Spanish and gave handouts. Mine was on Greenpeace lol.

And de nada 👊🏼

That's fab! I just watched a super long video on YouTube that covered loads of different types of renewable energy. It was in Spanish with Spanish subtitles which was super useful... I detest the environment, but I am committed this week!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I signed up to econoticias, language resources have some stuff.
That's fab! I just watched a super long video on YouTube that covered loads of different types of renewable energy. It was in Spanish with Spanish subtitles which was super useful... I detest the environment, but I am committed this week!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh! What was the name of the video? Maybe that be worth watching with vocab and what not!
I'll track it down and post the link today x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope. I can't bloody find it again. There are so many though. I'm now watching some TED talks which I would recommend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mind linking me that video? would be really helpful if you could, thanks :smile:
Edit: I should have scrolled down, oops my bad.
That moment when you have like 4 essays to write for your teacher but you haven't done it because you're too focused on your retakes and every other exam :colondollar:
Quick question: if a question title is singular i.e cual es el tema en la pelicula, does that mean you only write one point? like how do I answer it? Or can I go like the main theme is this... but also I think an important theme could be... another theme to discuss that defines the film is....
I'm not sure you would get a singular theme for a general question...
x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone by any chance doing En La Ardiente Oscuridad by Antonio Buero Vallejo for literature A2?
Original post by physicsamor
Quick question: if a question title is singular i.e cual es el tema en la pelicula, does that mean you only write one point? like how do I answer it? Or can I go like the main theme is this... but also I think an important theme could be... another theme to discuss that defines the film is....

In regards to themes, I don't think they'd ever tell you to just write about one theme for the whole thing. In situations like those though, I always try to swing it into my favour. For example, you could say that the main theme is hope, however as hope is so prominent throughout the film, this leads to the introduction of other themes such as suffering etc etc so you're essentially still answering the title by saying how hope, by being the main theme, has influenced other themes etc etc.

I would strongly advise against ever writing about one singular thing. You could explain it really well and potentially have a lot to say about it, but I think it'd still limit you on your content mark.

Considering the content makes up for 25/40 marks, so 63% of your grade for the Essay, then it's always best to talk about roughly 3 things, explained well.

PRSOM btw. Your life in Spanish is literally me. I've been inundated with loads of essays I'm meant to be doing, yet I've done none of them. Also really behind on literally everything Spanish-wise (vocab, grammar, ..EVERYTHING).
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by JaredzzC
In regards to themes, I don't think they'd ever tell you to just write about one theme for the whole thing. In situations like those though, I always try to swing it into my favour. For example, you could say that the main theme is hope, however as hope is so prominent throughout the film, this leads to the introduction of other themes such as suffering etc etc so you're essentially still answering the title by saying how hope, by being the main theme, has influenced other themes etc etc.

I would strongly advise against ever writing about one singular thing. You could explain it really well and potentially have a lot to say about it, but I think it'd still limit you on your content mark.

Considering the content makes up for 25/40 marks, so 63% of your grade for the Essay, then it's always best to talk about roughly 3 things, explained well.

PRSOM btw. Your life in Spanish is literally me. I've been inundated with loads of essays I'm meant to be doing, yet I've done none of them. Also really behind on literally everything Spanish-wise (vocab, grammar, ..EVERYTHING).

It was just a question that my teacher gave me "cual es el mensaje en Ia pelicula que has estudiado" tiene relevancia hoy en dia" I was really confused on how to write it I still I haven't written it and I still have those 4 essays to write :colondollar: and believe me I am behind on grammar and vocab, every essay I have ever done I've lost marks for grammar, and the lack of listening and reading preparation is horrendous but that's because I messed around in lesson so never did the work
Oh for the love of.... Cataluña.
Last years questions were horrible!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok just to double check, we have the listening, reading and translation. Then we have ONE ESSAY to write, just one, which is focused on one of your cultural topics right? My teacher keeps on saying that there two essays u do in the exam, a discursive one focusing on the three main topics in the textbook and then one for cultural. I told her that I'm pretty sure there's one essay but she's not ready to believe me?! She says on the 2014 aqa paper there was an essay qu on capital punishment.

I'm 99.9999% sure that I'm right, but I really would like someone to back me up just to reassure myself lol
Ok just to double check, we have the listening, reading and translation. Then we have ONE ESSAY to write, just one, which is focused on one of your cultural topics right? My teacher keeps on saying that there two essays u do in the exam, a discursive one focusing on the three main topics in the textbook and then one for cultural. I told her that I'm pretty sure there's one essay but she's not ready to believe me?! She says on the 2014 aqa paper there was an essay qu on capital punishment.

I'm 99.9999% sure that I'm right, but I really would like someone to back me up just to reassure myself lol

Your teacher is crazy, you only have to one question which is on your cultural topics. Show her the insert for the June 2014 paper, there's no capital punishment. Maybe she's looking at the wrong exam board lool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending