The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2760
Original post by NeverLucky
I literally only have USD, a laptop and my phone with me lol. The rest of my stuff is currently on its way to JFK :lol:

Don't you have Apple/Android Pay on your phone?

And the Manneken Pis is free :smile:
Original post by Doonesbury
Don't you have Apple/Android Pay on your phone?

And the Manneken Pis is free :smile:

I could use card but I dislike the overseas charges hahaha. I'll keep that as a last resort once I'm dying of hunger :lol:
Reply 2762
I could use card but I dislike the overseas charges hahaha. I'll keep that as a last resort once I'm dying of hunger :lol:

A bit late now but next time try something like Monzo. No charges for FX cash and transactions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
A bit late now but next time try something like Monzo. No charges for FX cash and transactions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's sorted. They gave me a free hotel room and I'm meeting some of the Cambridge offer holders tonight for a jazz festival :smile:
Can you explain to me why people do this? I had so much fun doing stuff around exam season

I do it but that's just personal to me. I have to get into the exam mentality and just drown myself in nothing but revision and the occasional chill (but even then large breaks are semi-revision related, e.g. a documentary. It just helps me cope. Then once it's over I just live life to the max.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2765
It's sorted. They gave me a free hotel room and I'm meeting some of the Cambridge offer holders tonight for a jazz festival :smile:

That's called landing on your feet!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was sad because it was our last official day at my sixth form college and the modern history teacher said "don't be sad you'll be back teaching history soon" and I'm honestly considering it now as a viable career option :biggrin:

I mean the dream is to get a PHD and be an academic/lecturer at a uni/proper research historian but I'll have to get some money to fund that won't I/need a back-up :wink:
Original post by SteamboatMickey
I was sad because it was our last official day at my sixth form college and the modern history teacher said "don't be sad you'll be back teaching history soon" and I'm honestly considering it now as a viable career option :biggrin:

I mean the dream is to get a PHD and be an academic/lecturer at a uni/proper research historian but I'll have to get some money to fund that won't I/need a back-up :wink:

Last day for us too. TBH today felt like a hallucination - idk why, it just felt like a dream - probably because of the hot, sunny weather, how quiet college was, and how many "strangers" unexpectedly waved/smiled goodbye. Probably the last time i'll see a lot of people i've known for a really long time (7 yrs), and some of the best teachers i've had too.

tbh I think I just forgot about exams for the day - the first time i've done that for ages lol
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Inister
Last day for us too. TBH today felt like a hallucination - idk why, it just felt like a dream - probably because of the hot, sunny weather, how quiet college was, and how many "strangers" unexpectedly waved/smiled goodbye. Probably the last time i'll see a lot of people i've known for a really long time (7 yrs), and some of the best teachers i've had too.

tbh I think I just forgot about exams for the day - the first time i've done that for ages lol

Original post by SteamboatMickey

I thought my sixth form let out for study leave late. We finished officially last week, but had most of the last week being able to come and go as we pleased since first exams were last wednesday.
Original post by wolfmoon88
Honestly not going is probably less healthy than going. (believe me, as a person who removed myself from all ECs leading up to exams, it was horrible)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with you there, especially because as I was the one who did like 90% of the work (and barely slept for a week) to make this happen, I'll be constantly checking my phone when I'm meant to be revising.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We only go on study leave after half term week too, but the only difference for us is that we don't have to go in for morning tutor time, so I'm pretty much in full time for another 3.5 weeks or so anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Morning all

What are people's realistic revision hours a day currently ? Im working on 5-6 solid hours (broken down into half hours to allow breaks for social media, tv, chatting and eating etc). So that's 8 'sitting' hours vs 5-6 SOLID revision. It seems loads but it may still be too little 😕
I told my tutor that i've been doing like 6 hours proper revision and he said that's a bit much...

I'm sure you're fine, i've actually ignored his advice of that being a bit much, since I could really extend to 8 if I wanted to but that would be too much.
Original post by blazing11
Morning all

What are people's realistic revision hours a day currently ? Im working on 5-6 solid hours (broken down into half hours to allow breaks for social media, tv, chatting and eating etc). So that's 8 'sitting' hours vs 5-6 SOLID revision. It seems loads but it may still be too little 😕
Original post by blazing11
Morning all

I'm realistically probably doing about 7-8 hours a day, but it is varying. Today I had to go into school for a revision session, so I'm probably going to have done closer to 10 hours, but tomorrow I have stuff on which means I'll probably only get 6 hours done. As long as you feel like it's productive and that you feel confident about exams, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How can you people revise for 6/7/8+ hours per day? This time last year I was doing two, perhaps three past papers a day so that's only about 5 hours in total, even if you allow extra time to mark and correct. Quality not quantity!
Original post by Forecast
How can you people revise for 6/7/8+ hours per day? This time last year I was doing two, perhaps three past papers a day so that's only about 5 hours in total, even if you allow extra time to mark and correct. Quality not quantity!

Well that's exactly what i'm doing... I'm including time to mark papers etc. and i got 4 subjects to cover

By bribing ourselves with chocolate, certainly in my case! Admittedly, I'm eating like a 100g bar of chocolate most days, but then I'm pretty much just eating salad at meals so it balances.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not 🙈

I feel like I'm not doing enough compared to others, but then again if I did that much I think I'd lose the will to live.
Original post by Steliata
I'm not 🙈

I feel like I'm not doing enough compared to others, but then again if I did that much I think I'd lose the will to live.

I did lose my will to live a few weeks ago before my first exam... found it again once I actually got going in my exams- and now doing not too much, but not too little.
Original post by Xphoenix
I did lose my will to live a few weeks ago before my first exam... found it again once I actually got going in my exams- and now doing not too much, but not too little.

How did you manage to find it again?!

Latest

Trending

Trending