The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

MSAP - Salford Uni Mature Student Access Pathway 2017

For those mature types amongst us, I have a quick update on the MSAP for 2017. I am going through this process at the moment and I have spoken directly to the Australian team whom run this test, they are called 'ACER' and they have updated me on the following.

There is no charge £ for taking this test.
There is no longer a pre-exam workshop.

The downloadable practice test paper via ACER which is £18.00 is invaluable
The downloadable free practice paper on the ACER website has errors in the paper, I have raised this with the team and they have acknowledged the errors.

see you on the 24th May

Good luck to all :gangster:

Clarke

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I will be sitting for the exam on the 24th and I already paid £18 for the exam practice! thus that mean I can claim a refund?
thanks for the information anyway...
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by zeeee4me
Hi, I will be sitting for the exam on the 24th and I already paid £18 for the exam practice! thus that mean I can claim a refund?
thanks for the information anyway...

Hi,

the £18.00 you have paid is to download the example test papers. So alas, you can't claim that back. Good luck on the day, what course are you doing?

Clarkey
Reply 3
Original post by clarkey98
Hi,

the £18.00 you have paid is to download the example test papers. So alas, you can't claim that back. Good luck on the day, what course are you doing?

Clarkey

Thanks for quick response!! Mental Health Nursing
Reply 4
Original post by zeeee4me
Thanks for quick response!! Mental Health Nursing

Anytime, I'm sure the whole thing is daunting for everyone, so every little bit helps!! So you will have all 3 exams / modules of the MSAP? Ouch, I am doing Quantity Surveying, so I only have to do the 2 modules / exams.

Good Luck

Clarkey
Reply 5
Hey Zeeee

How did you find the exam yesterday? What table were you sat on?

The second half of the exam was worse than I could have possibly imagined, I honestly believe my journey to Salford ended yesterday!!! The test paper I downloaded at a cost of £18.00 was of no help whatsoever in preparation for the test yesterday. You had under 90 seconds to work on each question...impossible in my view and the many views of those sat around me.

I really hope you pass.

Best Wishes

Clarkey
Reply 6
Hey Zeeee

The second half of the exam was worse than I could have possibly imagined, I honestly believe my journey to Salford ended yesterday!!! The test paper I downloaded at a cost of £18.00 was of no help whatsoever in preparation for the test yesterday. You had under 90 seconds to work on each question...impossible in my view and the many views of those sat around me.

I really hope you pass.

Best Wishes

Clarkey

Hello, the test was a nightmare! I honestly remain silent since yesterday because I never expected it to be so difficult like that.

However, the essay seems okaish, but that module 3 OMG ; I sat chewing my pencil for about 20minute steering at the question without no clue of what I was doing.

In the end, the test is done and dusted. I sincerely hope my guessing game on that module will put me through... .good luck hun
Reply 7
Hey Zeeee

I really hope you pass.

Best Wishes

Clarkey

Hi I also sat the exam last night and cried my eyes out when I got home ..end of the line for nursing this year for me..I guessed every singl question
Reply 8
Original post by Ewhitt
Hi I also sat the exam last night and cried my eyes out when I got home ..end of the line for nursing this year for me..I guessed every singl question

Results are not due in until Mid July according to the ACER Website, hope you are all feeling slightly better

Clarkey x
Reply 9
Results are not due in until Mid July according to the ACER Website, hope you are all feeling slightly better

Clarkey x

I had email that said results within a week 🤔
Reply 10
IMG_3172.PNG
Reply 11
Original post by Ewhitt
I had email that said results within a week 🤔

Hey,

really? 1 week? the guy who conducted the test said the papers were being posted to Australia the next day, allow 3 days travel. Then marking time...hmmm maybe, the sooner the better to be honest, I can start replanning my career.

Clarkey : )
Hi all
I'm doing these tests in august hoping to start social work in September
Are these tests really as hard as everyone has said 😩
]Hi all
Are these tests really as hard as everyone has said?! God help me 😩
Reply 14
Original post by Carladains
]Hi all
Are these tests really as hard as everyone has said?! God help me 😩

Hey Carladains,

in a word YES!!!

Do not pay the £18.00 for the exam, pointless!!! It's a money spinner!

contact me on [email protected] (not allowed to discuss the exam, I haven't got my results yet)

Clarkey
Reply 15
Horrific!....I'm 98 % sure I've failed.
But that's just me and people do pass. Good luck
Reply 16
Original post by Ewhitt
Horrific!....I'm 98 % sure I've failed.
But that's just me and people do pass. Good luck

Ewhitt,

how did you get on? results are in from UCAS!! I passed....how? I dunno! but I don't care right now....let me know how you do.

Best Wishes

Clarkey
Reply 17
Ewhitt,

how did you get on? results are in from UCAS!! I passed....how? I dunno! but I don't care right now....let me know how you do.

Best Wishes

Clarkey

Your not gonna believe this but ...I ONLY FRIGGIN DID IT!!!!!! 😁😁😁😁😂😁😂😂😂
Reply 18
Original post by Ewhitt
Your not gonna believe this but ...I ONLY FRIGGIN DID IT!!!!!! 😁😁😁😁😂😁😂😂😂

Woooooooooooooohoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::bl: :bban: :clap2: :rock::pepsi::party2::dancing2::danceboy:

well done you!!!! seems the first round is on me!!!!!
Reply 19
Woooooooooooooohoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::bl: :bban: :clap2: :rock::pepsi::party2::dancing2::danceboy:

well done you!!!! seems the first round is on me!!!!!

An actual miracle!😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending