The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by an_atheist
I've got 12 to go. Also praying for A*A*A.

Ouch! Best of luck :-) what subjects do you do and what course are you hoping to do again? Sorry, forgotten :redface:
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Ouch! Best of luck :-) what subjects do you do and what course are you hoping to do again? Sorry, forgotten :redface:

Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Hoping to do chemical engineering.
You're going for History if I remember correctly?
Best of luck to you too.
Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Hoping to do chemical engineering.
You're going for History if I remember correctly?
Best of luck to you too.

Nice one! I'm sure you'll do fab in your upcoming exams.

Yeah I am :redface:

I had a weird dream I was going for biomedical engineering and was jealous of people doing history degrees
There's 7 papers standing in-between me and my future. Aahh. Praying I get A*A*A.

I've got 9 to go and hoping I get the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayofsunshine98
I've got 9 to go and hoping I get the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got 12 to go. Also praying for A*A*A.

There's 7 papers standing in-between me and my future. Aahh. Praying I get A*A*A.

8 left, A*A*A would be nice, but A*AA will do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
8 left, A*A*A would be nice, but A*AA will do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wish it would do for me :lol: :wink:

You can do this :yy:

They wouldn't have given you an offer if they didn't think you could do it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My gosh, same here :eek: A*AA would be such a blessing. Still, let's be confident! If we weren't capable, we wouldn't have offers in the first place, right?
You can do this :yy:

They wouldn't have given you an offer if they didn't think you could do it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just hope I prove them right :biggrin: I'm excited to get them over with, to be honest.

I just hope I prove them right :biggrin: I'm excited to get them over with, to be honest.

I know what you mean, though I know wait for results day is going to be tragic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LouKayenta05
My gosh, same here :eek: A*AA would be such a blessing. Still, let's be confident! If we weren't capable, we wouldn't have offers in the first place, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll all do amazingly :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know Track doesn't open until 8am or something but I'll be obsessively checking. Genuienly think I might see what's in clearing and get excited about my insurance over Summer just so if I don't get my Cambridge grades I'm not completely upset.
I might see what's in clearing and get excited about my insurance over Summer

Same :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know Track doesn't open until 8am or something but I'll be obsessively checking. Genuienly think I might see what's in clearing and get excited about my insurance over Summer just so if I don't get my Cambridge grades I'm not completely upset.

I'm definitely looking at clearing before results day, just in case. I'm particularly hoping that the uni I declined an offer which would have been unconditional if I firmed it (and it was A*AA if I used it as my Insurance, which was higher than I wanted) is available in clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayofsunshine98
I'm definitely looking at clearing before results day, just in case. I'm particularly hoping that the uni I declined an offer which would have been unconditional if I firmed it (and it was A*AA if I used it as my Insurance, which was higher than I wanted) is available in clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What uni? Just curious

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing this exactly. Going to make myself a really detailed booklet of everywhere in clearing and all of the offers they have, research accomodarion options for each etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing this exactly. Going to make myself a really detailed booklet of everywhere in clearing and all of the offers they have, research accomodarion options for each etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a good idea!! I've also been researching my long-term goal to do a masters, and no matter where I go I want to do as well as I possibly can. I'm just keeping my eyes on my long-term life ambition to be a historian/academic and gain as much knowledge as I can (learn Latin, German, Greek, read every classic novel etc) and my A-Level results won't stop me from taking my eyes off my dream to be a historian and an 'intellectual'. :h: I just do hope I've worked hard enough to get the grades I deserve and won't get a grade and think "If only I had worked harder".
Original post by fedoratipbot
Oh ok, I see. Yeah I've been waiting a few weeks for an approval.

It's exam season in Cambridge right now though, right? The admins probably turned all their facebook accounts off :grin:

I waited about 6 weeks to be approved. In the end I sent a message just asking them if the fb was still active and they accepted me.

I'm going up to my Insurance Uni to have a wander round and 're-bond' with it, just in case. I just wish Insurance accommodation wasn't so risky and unknown 😔
Original post by blazing11
I'm going up to my Insurance Uni to have a wander round and 're-bond' with it, just in case. I just wish Insurance accommodation wasn't so risky and unknown 😔

Agreed! Durham is my insurance and I know they are notoriously difficult for insurance and clearing people :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending