The Student Room Group

Sh*tting it for A level results day

Hi,

My firm is KCL (AAB) and my insurance QMUL (ABB). Feeling fairly confident some days but other days (and right now) I'm having panic attacks, nightmares, insomnia, sleep paralysis, hallucinations and blackouts. Today before my exam my legs and feet went completely numb.

This is all when I think about not meeting my offer and doing so badly they don't even consider still letting me in.

Is anyone in even remotely the same boat, or even has any advice to help calm my nerves. A level success stories would be a massive help!
Reply 1
Original post by hevbow
A level success stories would be a massive help!

At AS level I got something like UUED and dropped out. Now Ive got an MSc from UCL. Whilst your exams are important and its beneficial to do as well as you can, they dont have to define the course of your life.
Reply 2
All honestly... KCL and QMUL will accept you if you miss out on offer. At Qmul there are people with no A grade but B's and C's and they got into Biochemistry.
Original post by hevbow
Hi,

My firm is KCL (AAB) and my insurance QMUL (ABB). Feeling fairly confident some days but other days (and right now) I'm having panic attacks, nightmares, insomnia, sleep paralysis, hallucinations and blackouts. Today before my exam my legs and feet went completely numb.

This is all when I think about not meeting my offer and doing so badly they don't even consider still letting me in.

Is anyone in even remotely the same boat, or even has any advice to help calm my nerves. A level success stories would be a massive help!

You will be fine. Even if you don't make your grades, they might accept you and even if they don't, you can always reapply. A Levels aren't the be all and end all of your life - although it sometimes feels like that there are multiple people each year who flop on their results but are happy with their direction for the future.

Just think about it - if you're confident some days, you know during those times that you'll be fine. If you have nerves, it shows you care! You'll be able to make AAB, I'm sure. :smile:
Reply 4
Also you really need to be a bit more confident. You're not going to survive university if you feel like that about your performance in exam. Be confident in your ability and take it as it is on result day.
Original post by josh_v
At AS level I got something like UUED and dropped out. Now Ive got an MSc from UCL. Whilst your exams are important and its beneficial to do as well as you can, they dont have to define the course of your life.

Oh wow that really is great! Congrats :smile:

I failed my first year of AS with EUUU and have reset to receive predictions of AAB is pretty drastic. I think it's because I'm familiar with the heart sinking feeling of opening an envelope to an absolute catastrophe and that is all that's running through my head.
Original post by hevbow
Hi,

Many A level students will be. If you are going to brick yourself then save it till after the exams then go for it 24/7 all the way up to your results.

The sky doesnt fall in if you fail though
Original post by 06moca1
All honestly... KCL and QMUL will accept you if you miss out on offer. At Qmul there are people with no A grade but B's and C's and they got into Biochemistry.

Oh really! Now that is reassuring :smile:

With how my exams are going, I think I'll be looking at ABB/BBB. And The course I am applying for was in clearing last year, which I suppose is a little more reassuring that it's not heavily over subscribed.

Thank you!
Original post by Rex Onocrotalus
You will be fine. Even if you don't make your grades, they might accept you and even if they don't, you can always reapply. A Levels aren't the be all and end all of your life - although it sometimes feels like that there are multiple people each year who flop on their results but are happy with their direction for the future.

Just think about it - if you're confident some days, you know during those times that you'll be fine. If you have nerves, it shows you care! You'll be able to make AAB, I'm sure. :smile:

Thank you so much, that really has helped put my mind at rest. I live in a deadbeat little town and have my private accommodation sorted for September, so hopefully I won't have to resit (again). I have my heart set on moving to London so getting into my firm would be fantastic!
Original post by 999tigger
Many A level students will be. If you are going to brick yourself then save it till after the exams then go for it 24/7 all the way up to your results.

The sky doesnt fall in if you fail though

I really like that saying. Thank you for the resssuance! I think the pressure has helped me work really hard, but at the minute it's just having a negative impact on my mental health and I think I need to find some better stress relief.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending