The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i consider myself a feminist, and i believe in equability. i get pissed when there are other girls to take things too far and are all about girls being better. ofc people make jokes about one gender being better, but nah idc. i feel for both genders and dont forget there are people who believe in equality.
Reply 2
Original post by btsseokjin
i consider myself a feminist, and i believe in equability. i get pissed when there are other girls to take things too far and are all about girls being better. ofc people make jokes about one gender being better, but nah idc. i feel for both genders and dont forget there are people who believe in equality.

if feminism was about EQUALITY, why is the word based around one gender?
Feminism is the idea that females will one day be equal to males. Males already have too many privileges compared to women and I don't care what you say, that is fact.
Reply 4
Original post by Valyrian
Feminism is the idea that females will one day be equal to males. Males already have too many privileges compared to women and I don't care what you say, that is fact.

*sigh* if only feminists could debate without getting triggered. yes, in the past society was sexist, but not anymore, both genders have equal privileges, therefore feminism is obsolete, and I don't care what you say, THAT is fact.
Reply 5
feminists highlight plenty of male issues such as the dangers of hyper masculinity, boys suicide rates and suppressing emotions. lots of feminists also address gender roles and allowing boys to take on traditionally "feminine" interests.

honestly, this conversation is tired. if you don't want to be called a feminist, just get on with your day.
Reply 6

Don't feed the :troll:
Reply 7
Original post by sazriah
feminists highlight plenty of male issues such as the dangers of hyper masculinity, boys suicide rates and suppressing emotions. lots of feminists also address gender roles and allowing boys to take on traditionally "feminine" interests.

honestly, this conversation is tired. if you don't want to be called a feminist, just get on with your day.

why are you getting so triggered?
feminism is NOT equality, that is not my opinion, it is fact! look at the definitions!

You should watch the Red Pill documentary by a Feminist (who later left the movement).
It completely shits on the false belief that males are privileged.

Many cinemas had to ban the film including Australia because Feminists were protesting and giving bomb threats. Fr.

Here's a review if you're interested in it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T3qoBjzRMs
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by SK_Student
You should watch the Red Pill documentary by a Feminist.

Many cinemas had to ban the film including Australia because Feminists were protesting and giving bomb threats. Fr.

exactly, feminism is an obsolete and sexist movement.
Reply 10
Original post by TheDuo
feminism actually only stands up for women, men are ALWAYS left out, I can't believe this is supposed to be the new equality movement, any thoughts from feminists???

Original post by TheDuo
why are you getting so triggered?
feminism is NOT equality, that is not my opinion, it is fact! look at the definitions!

sweetie, you got triggered because you didn't like the fact it's called feminism. does the word really hurt your feelings that bad? :redface:
Feminism is called this because it was a women's movement started by women to bring women's status up in society. Early forms of feminism were not pioneered by men. While there are male feminists now, their role, typically, is to help encourage women's equality to everybody else. So feminism is a correct name.
Stop calling feminists "feminists" and just call the people who don't support equality "sexist", then everyone who does support it "human".
Reply 14
actually its
the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.
only supports women, men are left out, ever heard of Andrea Dworkin???
Original post by Future.

And yet everything is blamed on men, right?
"Patriarchy!!!"
Reply 16
Original post by TheDuo
if feminism was about EQUALITY, why is the word based around one gender?

Because the movement started out being one that advocated for women's rights to be equal to men's rights. In a time when women had little to no rights, there was no reason to also advocate that men needed more rights as well, so the whole movement was called feminism because women deserved the rights men had. Whether it is focused around women still is another debate that I am not willing to have, but I digress. Why is the word MANkind based around one gender too. All words have their origins.
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous
Stop calling feminists "feminists" and just call the people who don't support equality "sexist", then everyone who does support it "human".

you think you're Maisie Williams with that quote, be yourself, you sheep.
Reply 18
And yet everything is blamed on men, right?
"Patriarchy!!!"

Is the heat getting to you?
Original post by TheDuo
*sigh* if only feminists could debate without getting triggered. yes, in the past society was sexist, but not anymore, both genders have equal privileges, therefore feminism is obsolete, and I don't care what you say, THAT is fact.

Lol next joke buddy xx

Original post by mashbbk
Don't feed the :troll:

But I enjoy it.

You should watch the Red Pill documentary by a Feminist.

Ok great thanks xo

Latest

Trending

Trending