The Student Room Group

W.B Yeats Poems

I'm Studying W.B Yeats poems and am struggling with analysis of some of the poems and then forming essays based on the poems. Does anyone have some good notes and tips in working on Yeats.
Original post by aameades
I'm Studying W.B Yeats poems and am struggling with analysis of some of the poems and then forming essays based on the poems. Does anyone have some good notes and tips in working on Yeats.

What poems are you doing?
Reply 2
Original post by Friffinghell
What poems are you doing?

The second coming
leda and the swan
irish airman
among school children
easter 1916
wild swans
when you are old

all those poems
Is it a comparative essay between 2? Can you choose the two so that you can focus in on them and ignore the others.
Reply 4
Original post by Friffinghell
Is it a comparative essay between 2? Can you choose the two so that you can focus in on them and ignore the others.

Potentially yes but the question could as for a specific poem and one other. Or it could as for one poem, or it could as for two poems. The second coming, among school children and easter 1916 are poems that somewhat interest me and i think can all link together under most questions but i also need to have a decent understanding of all the texts due to a potential question asking on a specific poem
Reply 5
yeat

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending