The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dr Strange
:console:

I can assure you that if I were to attempt to bake a cake it would look like it had been dropped on the floor :rofl: So you've already got an advantage over people like me :tongue:

:console:

Know that feeling. I find it useful to just distract myself with something I like doing and it gradually fizzes out :redface:

Aw im sure it wouldn't be that bad!
It was just heartbreaking to see it all fall on the floor lol
Original post by Jack22031994
Yeah about 3 months ago now :/

I was fine for quite a while and then it kinda ht me about 3 weeks ago when I saw my best friend and talked about it with her which made me feel a lot better :smile: bu itt gets to me now and again I guess too ;(

Oh I understand how you feel :hugs: x I had a breakup and I was in a very bad place for a couple months when I started to get over him I'd be fine but have the occasional bad moment when I'd remember things about us and cry a little. You will definitely move on from that tho, and soon you'll be able to look back on the good times without feeling upset, it just takes time :smile: x hope everything turns out okay :smile: xx
Original post by BintM
Aw im sure it wouldn't be that bad!
It was just heartbreaking to see it all fall on the floor lol

You know what else is heartbreaking? When I look in the mirror. Man I hate the guy I see in the mirror. He looks like some clown.
Original post by abc_123_
Oh I understand how you feel :hugs: x I had a breakup and I was in a very bad place for a couple months when I started to get over him I'd be fine but have the occasional bad moment when I'd remember things about us and cry a little. You will definitely move on from that tho, and soon you'll be able to look back on the good times without feeling upset, it just takes time :smile: x hope everything turns out okay :smile: xx

I will and I do have people to talk to about it, and I know my best (girl) friend will always be there for me too :h:

Not great, it has just kicked in that I need to work very hard from now until next summer every day at something I don't even like in order to ensure a morsel of self-fulfilment, and even that would only last a couple of days and it would be very superficial. I'll still do it though. It's worth the shred of undeserved temporary satisfaction at the end of it.

Besides that, after taking a break from studies it has become apparent that my life has now become completely meaningless. I am literally doing nothing every day. I actually have nothing to do in my life. I can't stress how literal that is. What the f**k am I going to do with my life when I leave uni, because then I won't even have maths (which is admittedly not particularly enjoyable in this form but at least it somewhat justifies my existence for now).
idk how im so tired when i havent even been awake for most of the day
if i would just go to sleep before 5am then that would probably solve a lot of things but i never feel tired then
Original post by IrrationalRoot
Not great, it has just kicked in that I need to work very hard from now until next summer every day at something I don't even like in order to ensure a morsel of self-fulfilment, and even that would only last a couple of days and it would be very superficial. I'll still do it though. It's worth the shred of undeserved temporary satisfaction at the end of it.

Besides that, after taking a break from studies it has become apparent that my life has now become completely meaningless. I am literally doing nothing every day. I actually have nothing to do in my life. I can't stress how literal that is. What the f**k am I going to do with my life when I leave uni, because then I won't even have maths (which is admittedly not particularly enjoyable in this form but at least it somewhat justifies my existence for now).

I'd suggest following Coventry City for a year but I don't think that'd be particularly fun :redface: actually going to football matches gives me a purpose in life.

I hope you keep looking and find some kind of purpose in life, maybe a job where you're applying Galois theory using Algebra & Stats to solve real world problems or.. something.
(edited 6 years ago)
Day by day I feel like I'm getting closer to flipping out on someone. I swear one day I'm gonna end up in a mental asylum.
sleep deprived
Original post by IrrationalRoot

Maybe get a job for the summer? I felt kinda like you where I was just laying around doing nothing and getting a job sort of gave me a reason, and it works as it's a routine, sure I hate my job as I work in retail for the summer but some of it is fun and it is beneficial. If not then learn something else, like a new language or just something, just cause you're on holiday doesn't mean you have to stop studying, there's always something you can learn. But I'm in the same boat in regards to what I'm planning on doing after uni :s.
i am tired of life
Original post by Fermion.
i am tired of life

there are positive fermions out there as well as negative ones, so it must be possible to enjoy life. you just have to find out how...
Original post by qasim_96
Day by day I feel like I'm getting closer to flipping out on someone. I swear one day I'm gonna end up in a mental asylum.

Sounds a bit like me :frown:
Original post by Serine Soul
Sounds a bit like me :frown:

:hugs:
There seems to be something perpetually wrong with my throat. It's like a constant minor cold. I don't know what causes it but it's getting me down with regards to singing as I'm missing/cracking on the higher and lower range constantly (it's like my voice is breaking again...except my lower notes are worse too! Seriously, when I was like 14 I could hit them cleaner).
I. Am. Feeling. A. New. Sad. I've. Never. Felt. Before.
It's unexplainable.
i just want a hug :cry2:
Original post by CleverSquirrel

Hugs from me to you :smile:
Original post by mali473

Hugs from me to you :smile:

aw thank you my dear :hugs:
Original post by CleverSquirrel