The Student Room Group

admin officer / customer service consultant

Hi

In training can you choose the department you would like to work in? I'd like to do admin or digital.

Thanks
Original post by Miss Rigsby
Hi

In training can you choose the department you would like to work in? I'd like to do admin or digital.

Thanks

For what? Is this a job or a specific scheme? You dont give enough information.
If it doesnt say so on the website then contact the people who run the scheme for further details. You talk about training so maybe you get experience in a number of positions and then get asked where your interest is or alternatively can apply for posts internally i.e what comes up?
Reply 2
sorry i applied for admin officer role but heard some people are being given customer service consultant
Reply 3
For which department? There are Admin Officer roles across the Civil Service all doing different things. Admin Officer is the CS's catch-all term for their lowest band position and it can encompass anything from traditional admin, to customer service consultant, to call centre worker, to caseworker. It could be anything and chances are that the customer service consultant role is just another AO role within the same department.It sounds like it could be DWP, but there are customer service consultants or something similar in pretty much every department.
I think you will be given a role at the same grade and relevant to business needs at that time whether that is admin or working in the call centre so the scope is quite broad. Check your job advert just to clarify what the scope is as the role of an AO or admin officer is not necessarily working in admin it does encompass a lot of other roles ie customer service consultant..
Reply 5
i see thanks will be working in Manchester
If the role you want isn't what you get I would advise you to get past your probation period unscathed and look out for opportunities to switch role or apply for specific courses as once you have opened the door you are the one that decides the path you take you have got this far I would focus on what role you end up in first then look for opportunities in whatever area you want to be involved in, use this opportunity as a stepping stone to another
Reply 7
yeah true sound good.. anyone working in manchester? would like to know what it's like. .starting salary £18,500?
Original post by Miss Rigsby
yeah true sound good.. anyone working in manchester? would like to know what it's like. .starting salary £18,500?

I know the dwp work coach role I have been interviewed for today has some reviews on the indeed website so may be a good place to start but beware as some are very negative but I think you are hmrc aren't you??? Regardless its a good place to search as everything is always fluffy when you start a new job the critters don't show their heads until you have been there a few months or speak to your first irate customer

Sorry meant to add congrats enjoy your new career and grasp every opportunity it gives you
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
thanks so much :smile: yep i'd be hmrc in salford
work coach sounds interesting though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending