The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Friend got ADE, offer was BBB. Got in on the course through clearing, same university etc and is now doing well! They are usually lenient during clearing depending on number of students/intake etc. This was for a science related degree.
Original post by kennyboy69.5
Hello sorry if this has been asked before.
Got an AAB offer from Nottingham for accounting, finance and management. I think I got ABB in my A2s this year is it likely I will still be accepted?
If not is it possible to apply to another course at Nottingham this year? I don't mind what it is as long as its finance related.

Thanks,

Edit: Notts is my firm choice, accommodation done plus got alumni connection

Did you get ABB? And if so, did you get in?
Any success stories for Nottingham business courses e.g. accounting, management, economics etc?
Someone please give me hope. Does UCL give anyone a chance?? I've been a nervous wreck.:frown:
P.S. International student:frown:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by kqsruno
Someone please give me hope. Does UCL give anyone a chance?? I've been a nervous wreck.:frown:
P.S. International student:frown:

Use the thread search tools, and see, but you MAY have more luck being an international than a UK student.
Original post by Craffertyful
does anyone have any tips on where to contact to see if the uni will still accept you if you didn't achieve the grades you need? i know that ucas tells you to contact the uni on results day if you didnt meet your conditional offer, but what are you supposed to say? "please accept me!!!!"

If you have a good reason for missing the grades, you should say. (but don't make it sound like excuses). If you're calling them up have your PS with you. Say why you want that course at that uni. Also if you missed the grade but only by a few marks, make sure you let them know how much you missed it by.
Original post by DreamsCanHappen
xxx

Please don't crosspost your own thread :smile:

It's not relevant to this thread. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know anyone for Oxford who has missed their grades but was let in, I know I'm going to miss my grades and I know I'll probs be rejected but I'd like to believe there's a glimmer of hope left :afraid:
Original post by Oboe_Emily
Does anyone know anyone for Oxford who has missed their grades but was let in, I know I'm going to miss my grades and I know I'll probs be rejected but I'd like to believe there's a glimmer of hope left :afraid:

Hello, yes one of the boys that attended my school 2 years ago had received lower grades than expected for his history course. I believe he had gotten one B and he was predicted A*A*A. The heads of our school got involved though and proved he had been consistent all year so maybe they let him in on that note? I am not entirely sure of how it went down but i know he is at Oxford atm
Original post by Boredom101
Hello, yes one of the boys that attended my school 2 years ago had received lower grades than expected for his history course. I believe he had gotten one B and he was predicted A*A*A. The heads of our school got involved though and proved he had been consistent all year so maybe they let him in on that note? I am not entirely sure of how it went down but i know he is at Oxford atm

It's nice to see that it can happen! I'm scared my grades will be much lower, as I need AAA for music, but I think I'll get A*/A, A/B and anything from a B/C/D😂
Original post by Oboe_Emily
It's nice to see that it can happen! I'm scared my grades will be much lower, as I need AAA for music, but I think I'll get A*/A, A/B and anything from a B/C/D😂

I think you still have a chance, you could have actually done really well.
Original post by Boredom101
I think you still have a chance, you could have actually done really well.

I really hope so and it's not as bad as I think! :crossedf:
My boyfriend is very worried about missing his offer... I'm really hopeful for him ;;;
I might get ABC this year and my offer is AAB pharmacy at uni of Birmingham ! The course is at clearing right now , does anyone know if ABC is acceptable with clearing ? Or has anyone got in with this grades. I firmed birmingham
Original post by Miminfl
I might get ABC this year and my offer is AAB pharmacy at uni of Birmingham ! The course is at clearing right now , does anyone know if ABC is acceptable with clearing ? Or has anyone got in with this grades. I firmed birmingham

It's in clearing for the same grades as your offer, although universities can drop a grade i wouldn't be overly hopeful they'd drop it so much, sorry.
Original post by claireestelle
It's in clearing for the same grades as your offer, although universities can drop a grade i wouldn't be overly hopeful they'd drop it so much, sorry.

Yeahh true, this is my second time applying last year I got rejected this year I'm trying to get in again
If you go to the bottom of the page where there are "start new discussion" and "reply" tabs in orange. Just across from them on the right hand side is a very small blue tab called "tools" click on it and put Leicester in the search all the Leicester entries will come up. I just checked and there are quite a few good news stories! Good luck!
Have a look at the annotated screengrab in the OP :smile:

Edit: oops, it seems to have been borked but I've reinstated it. Hopefully....
(edited 6 years ago)
I started university in 2013. I needed ABB for Psychology at the University of Glasgow, got BBC and was still let in! :smile:
I am an offer-holder for Lancaster to study Geography. My offer is AAB with a grade allowance if I get an A at EPQ. My honest predictions are A* (Geography) A* (EPQ) but C and C in my other subjects, boo hoo. Anyone know how flexible Lancaster are by reputation? Will a good grade in my degree choice of subject help? Where do I start if I'm rejected.. I decided against an insurance option :colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending