The Student Room Group

Signing for a package

Some people might find this a little silly, but I suffer with pretty bad anxiety (to the point that I'm in therapy!) and today I have to sign for a package for the first time as I'm home alone.

I have no idea how it works and what I have to do, and I'm quite frankly terrified about it!

I'd like to ask - how does it work? Do you have to talk to the person or give ID? Is it fast?

I just suffer badly with new situations which is pretty annoying !!
thank you guys

Scroll to see replies

Original post by studyabs
Some people might find this a little silly, but I suffer with pretty bad anxiety (to the point that I'm in therapy!) and today I have to sign for a package for the first time as I'm home alone.

I have no idea how it works and what I have to do, and I'm quite frankly terrified about it!

I'd like to ask - how does it work? Do you have to talk to the person or give ID? Is it fast?

thank you guys

lol.

postman will knock on the door
he may or may not be pleased to see you lol but what can ya do?
then he'll hand over an electronic pad and you sign your name
then he hands you the package :biggrin:
I honestly dont think he gives a **** about ID, he's too busy chatting to his mate through his headphones hoping you'd hurry up
All you do is answer the door as you would with any package and put your signature in a box then postman just hands you the package, you'll be fine.

The only check for ID I've ever had, if you could even call it that, is them asking my name (presumably to see if my surname matched the one on the package or something).
Reply 3

thank you guys

Open the door and give eachother a quick 'Hiya'. If it needs to be signed-for the guvnor will ask to 'sign here please' and pass you an electronic touchpad which you use the attached stylus to sign your name. They might use a paper record for you to sign on if the mobile device isn't working/they have broken it.

Writing with the electronic touchpad is difficult so don't worry if your signature isn't perfect and neat.

After being passed the parcel, Dan the Man will hop off in his van.
(It's usually a male doing the deliveries)

ID is only supposed to be required for restricted content. The package/order details will usually tell the driver that the item is age-restricted.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Davalla
Open the door and give eachother a quick 'Hiya'. If it needs to be signed-for the guvnor will ask to 'sign here please' and pass you an electronic touchpad which you use the attached stylus to sign your name. They might use a paper record for you to sign on if the mobile device isn't working/they have broken it.

Writing with the electronic touchpad is difficult so don't worry if your signature isn't perfect and neat.

After being passed the parcel, Dan the Man will hop off in his van.
(It's usually a male doing the deliveries)

ID is only supposed to be required for restricted content. The package/order details will usually tell the driver that the item is age-restricted.

Stop copying off of me. This is exactly what I said already. There's no need for you to post. :angry:
Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
All you do is answer the door as you would with any package and put your signature in a box then postman just hands you the package, you'll be fine.

The only check for ID I've ever had, if you could even call it that, is them asking my name (presumably to see if my surname matched the one on the package or something).

Yea it's like answerin when pizza comes :teehee:
Reply 6
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Stop copying off of me. This is exactly what I said already. There's no need for you to post. :angry:

My word count is higher than yours.
Yea it's like answerin when pizza comes :teehee:

Basically. :laugh:
Reply 8
thank all of you so much!! haha he came just as i got some answers and it was all fine, just my brain over-hyping Everything !!!

thank you :smile:
Agree with the above. My signature turns out as a few lines, nothing resembling letters 😂 They don't care. Only interaction is probably just hi, hi, sign here, thanks, thanks (maybe a bye) *door shut* all that's necessary :smile: you'll be fine I'm sure x
Reply 10

no no i don't mind lots of answers even if they're all similar it reassures me haha !! honestly the more the merrier
Original post by Davalla
My word count is higher than yours.

but the steps on how to sign were the same :angry:
thank all of you so much!! haha he came just as i got some answers and it was all fine, just my brain over-hyping Everything !!!

what was the package? :h: and wow he arrived fast. I had to wait almost a month for mine, two attempts, and eventually had to get it myself at a pickup point! :angry:

but is all well :h: lol
Basically. :laugh:

I'll be ordering one soon. What should I wear? :flutter:

lol kiddin

lol kiddin

A tux.

Glad it was alright :smile:

lol kiddin

Wear the bare minimum, that way when you throw out the line "I don't have any money, can we figure something out" the delivery boy/girl will catch your drift...
Original post by Hendrix.
A tux.

LOL

Wear the bare minimum, that way when you throw out the line "I don't have any money, can we figure something out" the delivery boy/girl will catch your drift...

sounds like something I was watching the other day...:wink:

nah I was actually thinking, what would happen if I answered the door nekkid? I mean...it's my house ini lol

Tell me more.

nah I was actually thinking, what would happen if I answered the door nekkid? I mean...it's my house ini lol

You'll probably put on the "Do Not Deliver" list at the pizzeria you ordered from.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending