The Student Room Group

University requirements

I really want to do Economics at university but I don't have the GCSE requirements for maths, I got a C and almost all university ask for a grade B or above. Having to look at Business degrees instead when really it's Economics I want to pursue 😭 The A level requirements aren't a problem, I've been predicted to get A's. So if I got 3 A's on my A level, could I phone the university up and try to plee to get onto the course?
Reply 1
Original post by renerowe147
I really want to do Economics at university but I don't have the GCSE requirements for maths, I got a C and almost all university ask for a grade B or above. Having to look at Business degrees instead when really it's Economics I want to pursue 😭 The A level requirements aren't a problem, I've been predicted to get A's. So if I got 3 A's on my A level, could I phone the university up and try to plee to get onto the course?

Universities tend to be strict on their GCSE requirements. Redo your maths GCSE in a gap year, and reapply to Economics courses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Plees dont work. Unis want concrete evidence of your maths ability not a pathetic phone call.

You can retake Maths GCSE alongside your A levels, or you could do an extra AS.
You could even do this after your A levels and work while you do it.

If that sounds like too much hard-work/effort than forget Economics - that involves hard work and commitment as well,

Lots of info here about Applying for Economics : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Economics_Degree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending