The Student Room Group

Smart wheels - telematics box

I've recently had a black box installed on my car as part of my insurance policy with MORE THAN car insurance.

I've been sticking to all the rules and requirements to try and make my driving score a good as possible but it seems impossible to keep it saying I've been driving good. And I've tried everything.

Basically, I'm wondering if there is any way of disabling the telematics box, e.g. Taking the fuse out of the box, using a gps/gsm jammer and the insurance company not finding out? Is there anyway around this?
Moved to Cars & Motoring.

Sounds highly dubious to me - any thoughts @IWMTom?
Reply 2
Original post by RHYSDAVIES0
I've recently had a black box installed on my car as part of my insurance policy with MORE THAN car insurance.

I've been sticking to all the rules and requirements to try and make my driving score a good as possible but it seems impossible to keep it saying I've been driving good. And I've tried everything.

Basically, I'm wondering if there is any way of disabling the telematics box, e.g. Taking the fuse out of the box, using a gps/gsm jammer and the insurance company not finding out? Is there anyway around this?

If the box cannot communicate with the insurance company, they'll cancel your policy.

This is the price you pay with black box insurance; it's one giant scam. Cancel your policy and go for something reputable.
Reply 3
What you're asking to do is insurance fraud, which is illegal. Your only choices are to either (a) suck it up and keep the box, or (b) cancel and find an insurance policy that doesn't actively try and screw you over at every turn.
Reply 4
Original post by Dez
at every turn.

Quite literally with the way these insurers calculate cornering :lol::lol:
Reply 5
Thats fraud.
Black box will automatically pass the built-in GPS The SIM card actively realizes GPRS GSM positioning, also upload your location information to the remote GPS positioning system!

Original post by RHYSDAVIES0

Latest

Trending

Trending