The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7140
Original post by BintM
Dont say that :frown: You learn from your mistakes. Dont let them put you down. Dont let failure make you feel worthless. There's always something better waiting for you. It will all get better. With the right mindset you can do anything you like. And dont be ashamed to be your parents son. Cheer up 😊
Better things to come :h:

Go for a walk?
Read a book? Watch a movie? Meet up with a friend?

Thanks for the support and the optimism. :smile: I try to keep the mindset that it will all get better someday and I'll be worth something. Mistakes don't seem to be rectified by me, it seems I make endless amount of them. I think I'll have to face the harsh reality that it won't get better neither will I accomplish anything worthy. Honestly I don't know how my parents don't hate me as much i do, it's just hard getting up in the morning knowing all of this. I think my parents only like me because I'm the good son, does what he's told without altercation.
Original post by BintM
Dont say that :frown: You learn from your mistakes. Dont let them put you down. Dont let failure make you feel worthless. There's always something better waiting for you. It will all get better. With the right mindset you can do anything you like. And dont be ashamed to be your parents son. Cheer up 😊
Better things to come :h:

Go for a walk?
Read a book? Watch a movie? Meet up with a friend?

Due to my current situation, that's not possible :frown:
Did you go away? :hugs:
I feel like I'm never going to be able to write again
Original post by qasim_96
Same. Being bored for me is not a good thing. I end up thinking a lot of bad things :redface:

Like what?
Whenever I need a laugh, I remember some of yours and burrito's posts :yep: rn it's "make me shut up with that hairy bum, Sarah :rofl: it IS too much :rofl3:
Burrito didn't know that we have to get up for Fajr - I told him yesterday :u:
Original post by S2M
Trust me, you're a lot better than most people believe it or not. You should take me as an example, I'm ******* ugly I can't even pass GCSE's and I can't even drive properly with God knows how many lessons I've taken. I've done nothing to be proud of in these 17 years of my miserable life. I'm really ashamed to be me parents son. Countless of mistakes after mistakes and I can't do anything properly, I'm worthless and a waste of space. Wasted money by re-taking GCSE's when I don't even think I'll get the grades I need to that's all gone down the drain.

If it's any consolation I'm also terrible at driving after 20+ lessons. And I'm also not exactly good looking either lol, but not sure that will ever matter anyway.
Maybe you need to find some other path, not sure. But probably it is still important to find a way to pass your GCSEs.

At the end of the day even with a first from Warwick in Maths I'm still never gonna get a job that I like and I will still struggle greatly to find one at all, what with my non-existent social skills.
Original post by ClearSky
Like what?
Whenever I need a laugh, I remember some of yours and burrito's posts :yep: rn it's "make me shut up with that hairy bum, Sarah :rofl: it IS too much :rofl3:
Burrito didn't know that we have to get up for Fajr - I told him yesterday :u:

You don't wanna know :redface:
Too funny :rofl::rofl: Whenever I get bored I end up on TSR trying to have a laugh :rofl:
Well now he knows. We have to get up really early to pray. I don't find it that difficult tbh :u:
You don't wanna know :redface:
Too funny :rofl::rofl: Whenever I get bored I end up on TSR trying to have a laugh :rofl:
Well now he knows. We have to get up really early to pray. I don't find it that difficult tbh :u:

Me neither - but last night, I was awake on TSR until Fajr time lol :redface:
When do you sleep?
Me neither - but last night, I was awake on TSR until Fajr time lol :redface:
When do you sleep?

Sometimes I go to sleep as early as 12 and sometimes I can stay up till 4-5. Depends on who I'm talking to and how interesting they are. If they're boring me then I just end up going to sleep 😂😂
Sometimes I go to sleep as early as 12 and sometimes I can stay up till 4-5. Depends on who I'm talking to and how interesting they are. If they're boring me then I just end up going to sleep 😂😂

12 is still late for a lot of people :lol:
4-5 was only in Ramadan for me :K:
12 is still late for a lot of people :lol:
4-5 was only in Ramadan for me :K:

12 is early for me these days :lol:
Worst thing about going to bed at 4-5 for me is that I'm usually up by 8-9 :redface:
tired, needed to sleep well last night but didnt. Slept a lot but it wasnt quality, just filled with stuff like people with scorpion bodies chasing me through these rooms with white walls
Reply 7151
Original post by IrrationalRoot
If it's any consolation I'm also terrible at driving after 20+ lessons. And I'm also not exactly good looking either lol, but not sure that will ever matter anyway.
Maybe you need to find some other path, not sure. But probably it is still important to find a way to pass your GCSEs.

At the end of the day even with a first from Warwick in Maths I'm still never gonna get a job that I like and I will still struggle greatly to find one at all, what with my non-existent social skills.

I've taken about the same amount of lessons and my practical test is already booker even though I don't feel like I'm ready. To be honest whatever happens in GCSE's this time, wether if I still end up with C's I'm going to move on to A-Levels. Is it because you don't find the job prospects in maths interesting? I feel you on the non existent social skills, considering I'm being pressured to find a part time job.
Original post by S2M
I've taken about the same amount of lessons and my practical test is already booker even though I don't feel like I'm ready. To be honest whatever happens in GCSE's this time, wether if I still end up with C's I'm going to move on to A-Levels. Is it because you don't find the job prospects in maths interesting? I feel you on the non existent social skills, considering I'm being pressured to find a part time job.

Same with regards to driving.

Yeah I don't know of any jobs that I would even remotely enjoy/be able to do given my social ineptitude. Maths research would've been nice, but firstly you generally have to lecture/teach as well, which I will never do, and even just research alone is not feasible because I have no talent in maths and cannot solve non-trivial problems. All my mathematical 'success' comes from hard work, which is simply not enough at the research level. I struggle greatly to understand even remotely advanced concepts.
Reply 7153
Original post by IrrationalRoot
Same with regards to driving.

Yeah I don't know of any jobs that I would even remotely enjoy/be able to do given my social ineptitude. Maths research would've been nice, but firstly you generally have to lecture/teach as well, which I will never do, and even just research alone is not feasible because I have no talent in maths and cannot solve non-trivial problems. All my mathematical 'success' comes from hard work, which is simply not enough at the research level. I struggle greatly to understand even remotely advanced concepts.

You've done really well up until where you are know so don't lose hope. Have you considered pursuing another degree which suits your interests? You can't say that you don't have any talent with maths because that's lie. I guess you'd probably have to do a PhD for better skills. That's what I'd thought, if you pursued maths at university the jobs after are pretty dreadful and boring. Have you already booked your driving test?
Original post by OGGUS
May Allah/God guide you sis. Ameen (amen)
I tested you, that's all:h:

You tested me? :hmmmm:
Original post by KittenMediaya
You tested me? :hmmmm:

asked for snapchat thingy
feel like crying
Original post by OGGUS
asked for snapchat thingy

And...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cupcakes87
feel like crying

Bhaiyya :console:
Original post by KittenMediaya

You never gave it so. You're a good girl. I knew you were just a little out there. Funny and stuff because of your name.

Latest