The Student Room Group

Asset Management Graduate Schemes 2018

Hello,

Has anyone given thought to the schemes that are going to open in September/October for 2018 starts? I know Standard Life, Black Rock and a few others open around this time.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm planning to apply for a few, especially looking at product management or ops roles!
Original post by Kamrul97
I'm planning to apply for a few, especially looking at product management or ops roles!

Which are you looking at currently? Goldman Sachs has opened. Registered interest at RBS's as a back up if no luck with any Asset Management roles.
Goldman Sachs has already opened?!
Original post by Iwouldliketoknow
Goldman Sachs has already opened?!

Yes, about 2/3 weeks ago. But they won't start reviewing apps until about September I've heard. M&G apps have just opened and most others will do in September after they've given interns most of the offers I assume!
Reply 5
Original post by MrNobodyTheFirst
Which are you looking at currently? Goldman Sachs has opened. Registered interest at RBS's as a back up if no luck with any Asset Management roles.

Well, I'm keeping an eye open for some more applications to open so I can apply!
Reply 6
Has anyone done m&g's online tests yet? Are they the usual or something more specific
Original post by souman
Has anyone done m&g's online tests yet? Are they the usual or something more specific

I've done them. They are not the same as other companies. Numerical is shorter but verbal is much longer. They aren't particularly hard, just you need around 2 hours to complete all in all. Good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by Georgehigginson
I've done them. They are not the same as other companies. Numerical is shorter but verbal is much longer. They aren't particularly hard, just you need around 2 hours to complete all in all. Good luck!

Yea i did them today as well. The numerical was suspiciously easy. The verbal/critical was very long indeed but nothing difficult. Did u get your report/ have you heard back since completing?
Reply 9
Are you guys applying to summer internships as a grad or just grad schemes?
Reply 10
Grad scheme for me
Original post by souman
Yea i did them today as well. The numerical was suspiciously easy. The verbal/critical was very long indeed but nothing difficult. Did u get your report/ have you heard back since completing?

Agreed. No, not yet have you?
Reply 12
Agreed. No, not yet have you?

No. I assume they'll get back to us within few days though. Once you record the video interview the wait will be longer (few weeks) according to their FAQ
Original post by souman
No. I assume they'll get back to us within few days though. Once you record the video interview the wait will be longer (few weeks) according to their FAQ

Just got an email back actually, saying I haven't passed. Surprised as I passed last year and thought I improved a lot since then. I did have a problem whereby my laptop froze and I submitted two answers without completing the question. I emailed them about this at the time, but haven't had a response yet and I didn't think they would be that significant. Anyway, it's a shame as I was very hopeful for this one. Will be interesting to see the feedback when it arrives. Hope you have better luck than me!
Reply 14
Just got an email back actually, saying I haven't passed. Surprised as I passed last year and thought I improved a lot since then. I did have a problem whereby my laptop froze and I submitted two answers without completing the question. I emailed them about this at the time, but haven't had a response yet and I didn't think they would be that significant. Anyway, it's a shame as I was very hopeful for this one. Will be interesting to see the feedback when it arrives. Hope you have better luck than me!

Unlucky, sorry to hear that. Plenty of other opportunities out there though. When did u complete the tests?
Original post by souman
Unlucky, sorry to hear that. Plenty of other opportunities out there though. When did u complete the tests?

Finished them Sunday at 10pm, yourself?
Reply 16
Finished them Sunday at 10pm, yourself?

Monday 4pm. Should hear back soon then
Original post by souman
Monday 4pm. Should hear back soon then

Did you get onto video interview? I got my feedback, mostly average/above average but one below average. Weirdly though, I got above average in the section I skipped 2 questions by accident and below average in what I know is my main strength from the lot haha.. anyway, win some lose some.
does anyone know if jp morgan has opened its applications??
Reply 19
Did you get onto video interview? I got my feedback, mostly average/above average but one below average. Weirdly though, I got above average in the section I skipped 2 questions by accident and below average in what I know is my main strength from the lot haha.. anyway, win some lose some.

Didnt get through as well. Got all average apart from numerical where i got above average. Moving forward

Quick Reply

Latest