The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Workangel_24
Who will be watching Mother Teresa's canonisation live?

I did not as I was at Mass. St Teresa was remembered and a picture of her placed by the lecturn. Strange to think of someone who was alive when I was born being made a saint.
Original post by barnetlad
I did not as I was at Mass. St Teresa was remembered and a picture of her placed by the lecturn. Strange to think of someone who was alive when I was born being made a saint.

You can watch it on YouTube now if you want to. :smile:
Personally I'm not overly keen on Mother Teresa; I don't think she was anywhere near as good and holy as people make out. I won't be calling her Saint Teresa, that's for sure.
Just to remind everyone that CAFOD will be making an appeal at most churches on Sunday and collecting on the 9th. The project being highlighted is in Bolivia.

http://cafod.org.uk/News/International-news/Bolivia-facts*
May I wish you all a HappY Christmas.
Original post by Aula
In a vague attempt to keep the thread alive...

I heard a great homily last Monday from Bishop Mark Davies.

We're called to witness by struggling to be the best we can and not by being weird and fanatical. And he reminded us that early Christians were converted not by the preaching of bishops, but by the quiet way of life.

Anyone heard any gems lately?

Wooh! Keeping it alive! Bishop Davies is a great, great man. A living Saint, I think
I revive this thread in the season of Lent. I commend a Lent Calendar for each day of Lent.

http://cafod.org.uk/Pray/Lent-Calendar
A Happy Easter to you all.
The festival of the Ascension has passed, we now have the blessed Trinity and then Corpus Christi. Let us not forget these important milestones in the year.
I have a question if anyone here is still active and willing to answer it, dont worry its nothing bad more helping me figure some info out that i seem to get conflicting opinions on.
Hi everyone!

I'm not religious but I just wanted to say hello and hope you're all doing well :smile:
Original post by Command&Conquer
Hi everyone!

I'm not religious but I just wanted to say hello and hope you're all doing well :smile:

Thank you.

Just to note that it will soon be the centenary of the birth of Blessed Oscar Romero.
Hello everyone :smile:

I'm not sure if this society is dead... or just very infrequently used.

I'm a Catholic, and wanted to join!

It's hard to meet the young Catholics, so an online presence is greatly appreciated

God bless x
Original post by icecreamgreek

It's hard to meet the young Catholics, so an online presence is greatly appreciated

God bless x

as far as i can tell extremely infrequently used.
there are plenty of Catholics on TSR

:wavey:

God bless x

Hi! I just discovered this thread, after being athiest for as long as I can remember (although I was baptised catholic and did communion) I am getting back into my faith after a trip to the vatican and so it is nice to see this thread is not completely dead. How are you? :smile:
Original post by isabella1999
Hi! I just discovered this thread, after being athiest for as long as I can remember (although I was baptised catholic and did communion) I am getting back into my faith after a trip to the vatican and so it is nice to see this thread is not completely dead. How are you? :smile:

Hey me too! (Minus the vatican trip... though I so badly want to go!)

I have to say I feel very serene being catholic again. For example with Results Day, even though I'm a bit worried, I know I have God there no matter what. And what's the worst that can happen- I don't get into Uni. There is so much more to life than that anyway, like helping other etc.

Anyway ramble over, hope that made sense :smile:
Hey me too! (Minus the vatican trip... though I so badly want to go!)

I have to say I feel very serene being catholic again. For example with Results Day, even though I'm a bit worried, I know I have God there no matter what. And what's the worst that can happen- I don't get into Uni. There is so much more to life than that anyway, like helping other etc.

Anyway ramble over, hope that made sense :smile:

That's such a good way to put it! You should go, it's beautiful! Yeah me too! A2 right? True! My grandmother took me to church a few days ago to pray about results day and I just thought that no matter what happens, it's all in the plan and if not, it just wasn't meant to be and we are meant to tread a different path 😊 we can take comfort in the fact though that whatever happens will work itself out and is all part of something bigger

God bless x

This thread was never about debating matters of faith, it being to remind people of saints days, events or celebrations, and from time to time people asking to be remembered in prayers. Sometimes asking questions about aspects of the Catholic faith.

A few of the regular contributors stopped posting, I think because some other people tried to hijack the thread to debate.

If this thread is revived for prayer requests, reminders of feast days and other Catholic matters, I would be happy to contribute from time to time.
Original post by isabella1999
That's such a good way to put it! You should go, it's beautiful! Yeah me too! A2 right? True! My grandmother took me to church a few days ago to pray about results day and I just thought that no matter what happens, it's all in the plan and if not, it just wasn't meant to be and we are meant to tread a different path 😊 we can take comfort in the fact though that whatever happens will work itself out and is all part of something bigger

Yes A2 :smile:

I did pray to St Joseph of Cupertino before (and during aha) every exam, so hopefully I have that in my favour :biggrin:

I'll pray for us both!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending