The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vincrows
Congrats!

Don't bother with re-mark, though. You made the necessary grades and that's good enough. Re-mark means it can go down as well as up, you know?

Original post by NeverLucky
I mean if it's on the boundary between the current grade and a higher grade, there's no loss if it does go down.

I do have enough UMS banked that it would never really go down below an A grade. I actually got 90% of the overall UMS, but unfortunately a bad exam in A2 meant my specific A2 marks weren't 90%. But yeah I may not go for the remark - probably just the fact that this is the subject i'm doing at Cambridge so it's more personal :biggrin:
Original post by Inister
I got A* A A (may remark for the glory of two A*s) and I guess that means i'm in. @Doonesbury ty for advice and stuff throughout the year. Good luck to you all, you're a bunch of legends.

Congratulations :party:

Original post by SteamboatMickey
Don't get my results until 9am (have to go into sixth form) and track opens in just over half an hour :frown:

Good luck. Have some breakfast to distract you and snooze your PC for half an hr.
Original post by NeverLucky
I mean if it's on the boundary between the current grade and a higher grade, there's no loss if it does go down.

Re-mark isn't free.
Besides, a degree of Cambridge in a few years time in his hand, nobody will care (nor will it your future prospect) whether you had A*AA or AA*A when you were a teenager.....
Don't get my results until 9am (have to go into sixth form) and track opens in just over half an hour :frown:

Same... HURRY UP UCAS TRACK

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me neither! Not sure whether to check track when it opens or to wait...
Original post by Inister
I do have enough UMS banked that it would never really go down below an A grade. I actually got 90% of the overall UMS, but unfortunately a bad exam in A2 meant my specific A2 marks weren't 90%. But yeah I may not go for the remark - probably just the fact that this is the subject i'm doing at Cambridge so it's more personal :biggrin:

See my post above.
It's up to you, and some successful applicants think of the same thing every year, but it's really not worth it.
It may not feel like it now but you'll realise A-level result is not a significant thing in a big picture.

But very well done, all the same. :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Track opened early i am going to cambridge!?!

Huge, huge well done!
DD got in.... UCAS seems to be running ahead of time....
Edited for you. :wink:
Track opened early i am going to cambridge!!!!!!!

Congratulations!
Hope you're deservedly much more confident with yourself now. :biggrin:
YAAAAAAASSSSSS QUEEN

*biggest high five*
My track hasn't updated, is just the same as before, does this mean I've been pooled?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeay! The postergirl of the forum gets in. Hopefully this will increase your confidence in yourself!
Original post by steven7891
My track hasn't updated, is just the same as before, does this mean I've been pooled?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You likely need to send your raw marks/UMS marks to your college.

:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know i havent posted here basically since offer day but huge well done to all those who got in!!! good luck to those still waiting!!!

Spoiler

Very well deserved ! So am I ! How shocking 😂😂
My track hasn't updated either
Original post by peachykeen
I know i havent posted here basically since offer day but huge well done to all those who got in!!! good luck to those still waiting!!!

Spoiler

Omg Congratulations :smile: glad you are back for a bit!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kind of regretting not applying to Cambridge now...........grades were much better than expected.

BUT CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU!! Cambridge is no joke, well done!

Latest

Trending

Trending