Reply 743
whoever set those grade boundaries must have been in a very good mood
Reply 744
Original post by Gemma220499
what did everyone get?

A in AS unit 1 resit, A in A2 unit 3 and B in A2 oral so - A overall! 😊
Original post by ac3005
A in AS unit 1 resit, A in A2 unit 3 and B in A2 oral so - A overall! 😊

congrats, my teachers are ocnvinced that mine has a marking error, i got a B overall, with high As at AS and a C in A2 (????) So averaging a b. i was getting A* in all my mocks so its got to be a mistake tho
congrats, my teachers are ocnvinced that mine has a marking error, i got a B overall, with high As at AS and a C in A2 (????) So averaging a b. i was getting A* in all my mocks so its got to be a mistake tho

Mine had no breakdowns of what I got in each unit including from AS??? I wanna see how my grades averaged out. I was only getting A*s in mocks too, do u think by contacting the exam board u can get the breakdowns? Stupid school said they don't know the UMS boundaries n stuff :/
Reply 747
Original post by justnaomihere
Mine had no breakdowns of what I got in each unit including from AS??? I wanna see how my grades averaged out. I was only getting A*s in mocks too, do u think by contacting the exam board u can get the breakdowns? Stupid school said they don't know the UMS boundaries n stuff :/

The results slip has the breakdown of what you got in each unit
I did awful! In my resit written exam I got a C with 74/110 (only a few marks off a B) which was 1 grade up from last years written exam, in my resit oral I did awful I went from a B last year to an E (we had an external examiner this year and I mega panicked), now this years was just horrendous my A2 oral I picked up 17 UMS and got a U and in my A2 exam picked up 50 marks and got an E, so overall I came out with a D...not happy but I still got into university to do Spanish with German and I still met the required tariff points from my other subjects
Somehow I got full UMS marks in that paper!! I thought it went pretty well but there was also some tough stuff so super pleased :biggrin: A* overall
B overall, only a C in the A2 paper (??????). Got into Loughborough anyway, so not really bothered anymore about marks and grades. :biggrin:

Very similar situation to yours
Original post by Jazzyrobot
Somehow I got full UMS marks in that paper!! I thought it went pretty well but there was also some tough stuff so super pleased :biggrin: A* overall

Same!! Annoyingly it only said the UMS mark and not the actual marks but still happy!!
Original post by student199919
Same!! Annoyingly it only said the UMS mark and not the actual marks but still happy!!

Nah, if it said the raw marks it wouldn't be full marks so I'm happy it's just full UMS haha! But, if you're interested, you had to get a minimum of 97/110 on the paper to get full UMS so we only lost 13 marks maximum :smile:
Original post by Sinsonte
For my cultural topics, I'm doing Picasso and Venezuela.

How do I revise for that, any tips?

BTW, I am native Spanish speaker, so if you need any translation or help, just tell me! :h:

If you are a native Spanish speaker, why are you doing an A level for English people learning Spanish?
What's everyone doing for their IRP? How have you started to go about it?
Original post by Bubblebex1
Hi everyone, so glad to see a AQA Spanish group! my cultural topics are Cuba (is anyone else doing Cuba?) and Machuca (a chilean film). I can't believe how much harder A2 is than AS, but hopefully we will all be fine after a couple of months of hard work! BTW a skype group sounds great!! xxx

Bit late! But I'm studying Cuba too xx
HI! This helped a lot, I would love to know what your introduction was that you could adapt? Thank u!
Original post by noooopzor
B overall, only a C in the A2 paper (??????). Got into Loughborough anyway, so not really bothered anymore about marks and grades. :biggrin:

what course at loughborough?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending