The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

What are the chances of receiving an accommodation offer if I missed deadline?

Hey,

As the title says, I missed the accommodating deadline by a few days.

What are my chances of receiving an offer? Should I book a room in private accommodation? Also, does UCL send a notification when all the halls are full, so I can book a room without hesitation?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by singismund
Hey,

As the title says, I missed the accommodating deadline by a few days.

What are my chances of receiving an offer? Should I book a room in private accommodation? Also, does UCL send a notification when all the halls are full, so I can book a room without hesitation?

Thanks

Hey, did you by any chance miss the deadline as the accommodation emails went to your spam mail? This has happened to me. I called UCL up and they told me to visit the accommodation office to try and prove that the emails went into my spam mail.
I'm trying to explain this and make my case to the accommodation office, would help me and anyone else if others also reported this problem. I was waiting for the emails to arrive for several weeks but didn't think to check my spam until today. Thanks.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Hello! I am urgently looking for someone to takeover my contract at Stapleton House, Holloway in London. It’s an ensuite room £232pw with all bills included. It’s a 1 min walk from Holloway Road underground station and 15 min from UCL. Please message me if you are interested.
Original post by Adhiyan
Hey, did you by any chance miss the deadline as the accommodation emails went to your spam mail? This has happened to me. I called UCL up and they told me to visit the accommodation office to try and prove that the emails went into my spam mail.
I'm trying to explain this and make my case to the accommodation office, would help me and anyone else if others also reported this problem. I was waiting for the emails to arrive for several weeks but didn't think to check my spam until today. Thanks.

This has happened to me and I missed out on a single room not ensuite. Now I am waiting for UCL to get back to me.
Reply 4
Original post by prabhjoat5ingh
This has happened to me and I missed out on a single room not ensuite. Now I am waiting for UCL to get back to me.

I have received accommodation now. although now it is a twin room whereas before it was a single room.

What I did was send an email to residences@ucl explaining my situation and showing screenshots that proved their accommodation offer went into my spam mail. I also sent screenshots that proved I sent an email to UCL asking about how I had not received any instructions on joining UCL after results day. If you have not already, maybe you should do the same.

I hope you get the accommodation. I think many students suffered the same problem so they might be more considerate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending