The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

DD103 investigating the social world

Hi everyone, I've selected this module to start in October and I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there are any specific books I can read beforehand that will assist in the module or let me know any topics that are studied in it?I'm back into eduction after 10years so I'm quite nervous and I'd like some preparation before the start date :smile: Thanks so much! Linzee
Original post by Linzeecx
Hi everyone, I've selected this module to start in October and I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there are any specific books I can read beforehand that will assist in the module or let me know any topics that are studied in it?I'm back into eduction after 10years so I'm quite nervous and I'd like some preparation before the start date :smile: Thanks so much! Linzee

It is a level 1 module so the only books you will study/need to read are the textbooks. I can't think of any books that you could read beforehand that will help, you're best off waiting for the textbooks to arrive (or if you can't wait, join the 2016 DD103 Facebook group and ask if anyone can email you the PDF version of the textbooks).
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
It is a level 1 module so the only books you will study/need to read are the textbooks. I can't think of any books that you could read beforehand that will help, you're best off waiting for the textbooks to arrive (or if you can't wait, join the 2016 DD103 Facebook group and ask if anyone can email you the PDF version of the textbooks).

Aw thanks so much! Glad there isn't much I need to read ha.
Hi there, I'm also starting this module the same time, I have now got access to all my student page and the books you need are there, as well as the two text books you should have received already? And the assessment questions, thus us going towards my BA honours in criminology and phsycology, hope you get in with it ok :smile:
I'm starting this in October part time towards BA honours in Criminology and Psychology, just waiting for my funding from saas, really excited to start :colondollar:
I’m starting this too next month, also going towards a BA Honours in Criminology and Psychology... Super nervous but excited too as I haven’t been in education in years! Good luck to us all!
Good luck to you too 😊😊😊

Quick Reply

Latest