The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheOtherSide.
:sigh:

:lovehug:

:console: And IKR! It's so cool! I particularly enjoyed the one around the LHC and Chernobyl!

Original post by KittenMediaya
Having a panic attack

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console: Aysha, ca va maintenant? :heart:
Original post by abc_123_
Upset :frown: x
It’s 15 days until my 1 year anniversary and I feel like we’re not even in a proper relationship anymore *sigh*

aw :console: sounds like you two really need to have one of those heart to heart chats
Getting a depressing reminder of why I was so demotivated last year at uni. It's not really so much the year round isolation in my room as it is the year round anxiety. Constantly fearful of running into other people. I have not met or even seen anyone here yet. Kitchen is the biggest problem. Just can't go in there without having to endure the pain of having to meet someone. Forget about never making any friends again in my life, I can't even eat or drink most of the time.
Original post by MrsMars
:dontknow:

:rofl: I guess some people love it even more everyone else does :tongue:

The only thing I don't like is when you get some elaichi in your mouth :colonhash: That kind of spoils things :lol: Apart from that it's amazing, but I've not had any for a good few months :redface:
Original post by Dr Strange

The only thing I don't like is when you get some elaichi in your mouth :colonhash: That kind of spoils things :lol: Apart from that it's amazing, but I've not had any for a good few months :redface:

"Kind of spoils"?
Elaichi is the destroyer of Biryani :angry::angry::angry:

Oh dear :console: I hope you are blessed with some good Biryani soon :mmm:
The Biryani Gods were very kind to me this weekend :smug::aetsch:

Original post by MrsMars
"Kind of spoils"?

Nah biting into cardamon is the worst :angry: It's that moment as soon as you bite down you know you ****ed up. I usually give the rice a good scan before eating it and remove all the pods but one always slips through the net :frown:
Ahh, I thought so :colondollar: Yes - in fact all (supermarket) milk is significantly altered from its natural state (for so-called health and safety reasons) :colonhash:

Yep - sometimes I have juice/smoothies. Innocent smoothies are my favourite atm :yep: But other than that I just have water :tongue:
Omg :rofl: For real? :shock: I mean... wow :shock: You were right when you said that the laziness is beyond my imagination :rofl: But seriously, that can't have been the (main) reason? :redface:
:ahee: You're right there :yep: Writing is an art, though mine perhaps resembles scribbles more than anything meaningful :rofl:

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by MrsMars
"Kind of spoils"?

:rofl: Ikr :colonhash: You can always tie it up in a muslin cloth so the flavour goes in but the actual things don't :beard: :lol:

I hope so too :redface: Will probably have to go to a restaurant... or cook it :lol: Cooking it is HARD though :colonhash:

:rofl: Awww, that's nice :biggrin: Chicken biryani?

Original post by Castro Saint
Nah biting into cardamon is the worst :angry: It's that moment as soon as you bite down you know you ****ed up. I usually give the rice a good scan before eating it and remove all the pods but one always slips through the net :frown:

:five: Cardamon = Elaichi (just a different language) :tongue:
(edited 6 years ago)
So fricking greatful for some wonderful people <3 :colondollar:
It's half past midnight and I'm still putting of the work due first period tomorrow, have a toothache and I'm too worn out to resist the wave of overwhelming existential hopelessness that is about to hit me. Just another night in the life of ||TheUnknown||. (((:
:rofl: Ikr :colonhash: You can always tie it up in a muslin cloth so the flavour goes in but the actual things don't :beard: :lol:

I hope so too :redface: Will probably have to go to a restaurant... or cook it :lol: Cooking it is HARD though :colonhash:

:rofl: Awww, that's nice :biggrin: Chicken biryani?

:five: Cardamon = Elaichi (just a different language) :tongue:

True, but my mum and especially my dadi don't believe in cooking like that :colonhash:
I don't even put elaichi in when I cook :rofl:
Cooking it isn't that hard if you get someone good to teach & watch over you your first few times :yep:

Nope, Lamb Biryani >>>>> Chicken Biryani :smug:
bored
Not bothered for anything
Drained but relieved that I've finally let out all the stuff from last year that's been eating at me.
I hate that Asians don't understand MI, or attribute it to lack of religiousity/spirituality, but at this point in time I think that's something I can live with now that I know they know what it feels like for me and how much I'm struggling.
(edited 6 years ago)
struggling tbh, trying to keep a brave face on it inrl but its hard
dont want to do anything at all
Deep thoughts. Memories. Papa mama I love you, thanks for all these things you gave away for me. Even gave away yourself. Don't know if it makes me feel good, but not bad.
Original post by MrsMars
True, but my mum and especially my dadi don't believe in cooking like that :colonhash:
I don't even put elaichi in when I cook :rofl:
Cooking it isn't that hard if you get someone good to teach & watch over you your first few times :yep:

Nope, Lamb Biryani >>>>> Chicken Biryani :smug:

Ahhh, they're pretty old school then :rofl: Or maybe they don't see it as much of a problem :hmmmm:

:lol: You don't? :curious: Any trade-off in terms of flavour :beard: It'd help if we could just omit it instead of going to great lengths to ensure it goes into the food but not our mouths :lol:

True, but I have to teach myself most of the time, or ask others for tips :colondollar: I don't fancy my chances with stuff like that :rofl:

:five: I agree :yep:
I'm really quite unhappy at the moment:frown: I'm on my phone and it's too much to type out. One of my housemates really let me down even though I've been bending over backwards for her all last year and year.she is completely oblivious it seems. Basically, I've put a lot of effort into making her happy and ensuring she was never left out, securing a house for us, yet she's always been a bit ungrateful and today I found that she was planning to ditch us next year and live with our course mate instead...meaning we wold have to leave our house. And all the arrangements made with getting thus house were for HER. We spoke to her and she's agreed to continue living us next year - she said that she didn't realise we were all planning to live here next year? I don't think I believe that, because why would we want to move when we've got a nice house with nice people?
And I'm quite gutted to she chose this other girl over me, after all I've done for her as well. Yet again, a close friend does not consider me THEIR best friend, and prefers someone else....it makes me feel very lonely that no one bothers about me. *sigh*
There's something wrong with my left eye. Hoping it's nothing. If I go docs or opticians, they'll simply tell me to go to A&E at the hospital. So I am just putting it off.
60% Tired
30% Stressed
10% Other
Ahhh, they're pretty old school then :rofl: Or maybe they don't see it as much of a problem :hmmmm:

:lol: You don't? :curious: Any trade-off in terms of flavour :beard: It'd help if we could just omit it instead of going to great lengths to ensure it goes into the food but not our mouths :lol:

True, but I have to teach myself most of the time, or ask others for tips :colondollar: I don't fancy my chances with stuff like that :rofl:

:five: I agree :yep:

Yeah, they believe that it's worth it for the flavour :colonhash:

I don't feel like there is, I just add enough spice that no one feels the absence of elaichi :smug:

Youtube is your friend :yep:
Try Cook with Faiza :mmm:

Latest