The Student Room Group

Theresa May is handed her P45

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Lee Nelson (Simon Brodkin) has form.

"Helping" Kanye West at Glastonbury, and chucking money at Sepp Blatter at a FIFA press conference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Connor27
You are going for that " all anti left rhetoric is anti poor rhetoric" false dichotomy.

What say you to the facts released today showing that 77% of the Labour Party membership is ABC1 class?

what are you on about?

I don't think it's a problem someone managed to give a piece of paper to a political leader making a speech... In an ideal world such connection between leaders and the masses would be more normal.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
The main interest in this story is how close he could get to the PM without being intercepted. He clearly faked his way into the conference, but that points quite a finger at their security. Perhaps if he'd been a brown man, he would have been wrestled to the floor sooner, or with a beard.

I don't think it was so much his race, more the fact that he had a rather good disguise (fully suited, clean shaven) that suggests he was a delegate, if a brown man came suited smartly even with a beard I doubt he'd have attracted suspicion until the hypothetical act of terror.

Indeed, anecdotal evidence I know; but I have spent the whole conference with a black friend of mine who hasn't attracted the slightest suspicion because, funnily enough, he actually dresses appropriately.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
what are you on about?

I don't think it's a problem someone managed to give a piece of paper to a political leader making a speech... In an ideal world such connection between leaders and the masses would be more normal.

You called him a pleb, unless the definition of that word has changed recently, it has the implication of poor or working class person doesn't it?
You called him a pleb, unless the definition of that word has changed recently, it has the implication of poor or working class person doesn't it?

I call lots of people pleb.
Reply 65
For a party that claims to be protecting us from terrorists etc. it speaks volumes that theycant even secure their own conference.
Why do comedians usually end up to be political activists that get increasingly involved in politics and less in comedy?
Does anyone else think that Lee Nelson is kind of a complete **** and not even funny

All things considered I thought it was a good speech from May, the disastrous aspects were out of her control but she handled them well, the humour regarding the P45 and the cough sweet would've dispelled a few calls of "Maybot" I imagine too.

Made me think the complete opposite, she gets handed a P45 but says nothing and carrys on with her speech...like a robot lol
Original post by interact
Made me think the complete opposite, she gets handed a P45 but says nothing and carrys on with her speech...like a robot lol

You obviously didn't watch the speech - she made a quip about giving Corbyn a P45 immediately after.
haha epic!
You obviously didn't watch the speech - she made a quip about giving Corbyn a P45 immediately after.

She took too long, still thought robot
Original post by Bornblue
Largely because there was little that was new or substantive in the speech.

Jut basically 'Election great but also really disappointing, free markets good but not that good, Corbyn bad - like really bad, Brexit good, and energy price caps good!'

Which bit should people be focusing on? It was just the same stuff she's been saying for months.

I didn't realise that more council houses has been said for months, I don't believe opt out organ donation has ever been mentioned, and the anti-energy market policies were thought to have been dropped.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
If the Tories couldn't find a venue to take them, that would be only just. They would have to meet in Monaco or something, which would be more their natural territory.

It's how loathsome unpleasant and dangerous people should be treated.

I think that is unkind to the people of Monaco.

Of all the Tories, the first to go should be Boris Johnson.
Original post by Drewski
All entirely pointless, will be forgotten in a week and is making the city centre really fecking annoying.

Protesters decided that the best way to have a go at the Tories was to block off all the tram lines, causing delays to the entire network. Inconveniencing precisely zero politicians, but a few hundred thousand commuters. Really helpful.

Looking at this thread it seems like it's had an impact on you, ironically
Looking at the tory tears and butthurt on this thread it's clear he's had an impact so good job prankster.
Original post by Doonesbury
Lee Nelson (Simon Brodkin) has form.

"Helping" Kanye West at Glastonbury, and chucking money at Sepp Blatter at a FIFA press conference.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What a complete loser. Having to resort to making a tool of yourself by disrupting other people's events just to get some attention. It's pathetic.
Original post by friyaa23
Looking at this thread it seems like it's had an impact on you, ironically

Yes. Along with thousands of other commuters in Manchester.

Now you tell me if that's productive of the protesters.
Original post by Drewski
Yes. Along with thousands of other commuters in Manchester.

Now you tell me if that's productive of the protesters.

Im talking about the prankster. Those against his political stance will inevitably hate him. The more hate the better really. You just fell for the bait.
Original post by Ladbants
Just plain rude, she is a the leader of a country, should be treated with respect no matter whether you like or hate her policies.

Why?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending