The Student Room Group

Which UK University has the most beautiful Campus?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04MR17

To be fair it's not one of the boxes with the gaudy cladding, it's the hedgehog at the far end.
Original post by artful_lounger
Well there's always gonna be the bunker, since they've worked out it's too expensive to demolish it anyway...they actually considered moving the security office there (hilariously) but I think they determined actually retrofitting the building for human habitation would be too expensive :tongue:

But they are preserving some - the DAB unfortunately being one of them. The whale improves things, somewhat :x I actually think the typewriter is one of the better examples of the style, and would be worth preserving as it isn't quite so awful as many other examples :tongue:
can't imagine living in the typewriter though.:s-smilie: Give me Magdalene any day!!!:drool:
Original post by J-SP
It's right on the coast! Some of the buildings back on to parts of the beach. It's very easy to walk to the beach from most of the campus where it is such a small town too.

It has all the charm of Cambridge, just none of the hectic aspects (practically no traffic in comparison to the hell that is Cambridge). Some may find it a little too quiet though. But although it was always the most painful to get to in terms of location, then I use to love going there because I actually got to see it.

I worked as a recruiter where I exclusively looked after Cambridge for nearly a year and probably visited over 60+ times in that year alone so I have seen a lot of it. Although there are obviously some stunning buildings that will attract the most attention, it can be equally as ugly as it is pretty!
Walking is the best way to get around Cambridge if you live in a central enough college.:yep:

Those roads were not made for motorised vehicles...:s-smilie:
Votes too for Sussex and Birmingham. Interesting.:beard:
Original post by J-SP
Being all suited and booted for work + travelling from London = inability to cycle and a lifetime spent calling Panther for taxis to and from the station instead.

Even if cycling was an option, I'd fear for my life.

The only problem with any of these beautiful places is that I live in high heel shoes and hate cobbles.
That is unfortunate.:sadnod:
Queen's University Belfast also has a vote now.

The challengers are coming.

Cambridge still in the lead, with Oxford in clear second.

It's like the boat race.:dance:
Tagging in the Keele crew.:colone:

#ItsTheKeeleDifference :tongue:
Original post by J-SP
Being all suited and booted for work + travelling from London = inability to cycle and a lifetime spent calling Panther for taxis to and from the station instead.

Even if cycling was an option, I'd fear for my life.

The only problem with any of these beautiful places is that I live in high heel shoes and hate cobbles.

Pic of the heels.
Original post by J-SP
Creepy much?!

Hahahahaha.
Original post by 04MR17
Tagging in the Keele crew.:colone:

#ItsTheKeeleDifference :tongue:

But I also studied at Nottingham and it was glorious!

I guess Keele had squirrels rather than overly friendly geese though. Hmm.
Original post by ParadoxSocks
But I also studied at Nottingham and it was glorious!

I guess Keele had squirrels rather than overly friendly geese though. Hmm.
At this point I will be neutral and withdraw from influencing your opinions further...

Spoiler

Original post by J-SP
I'm surprised to see Sussex in the list. I must have only seen the ugly end of it, because the parts I have seen just look like slabs of concrete.

Likewise, and I've seen the whole campus. Guess someone's just a fan of Brutalism...erm, if I'm thinking of Brutalism correctly.

To be honest "it just looks like slabs of concrete" describes a lot of Sussex in general perfectly.
Voted :parrot:
Original post by Leviathan1741
Voted :parrot:
Keele is now in a comfortable third:yay:

Good morning by the way.:smile:
Original post by 04MR17
Keele is now in a comfortable third:yay:

Good morning by the way.:smile:

:woo:

Good morning :h:
I think Lancaster deserves an honourable mention
BCU Perry Barr or maybe Wolverhampton.
Original post by ScienceGeek1878
I think Lancaster deserves an honourable mention
Hello again!:hi:

Long time no see...:hmmm:
Original post by J-SP
An honourable mention for not being beautiful?

It has that very unfortunate look of being built somewhere between 1960-1990 feel to it for me.
Savage.:rofl:
Original post by 04MR17
Savage.:rofl:

Original post by J-SP
An honourable mention for not being beautiful?

It has that very unfortunate look of being built somewhere between 1960-1990 feel to it for me.

Each to their own, I do disagree though.
I wonder how many people have been to multiple sites.

Cambridge has a lot of beautiful buildings scattered throughout the city, but campus?

Never been to Oxford.

Nottingham is spectacular. Edinburgh. Royal Holloway.

I really, really love the bit by the river at Nottingham, but that isn't the whole campus. Royal Holloway has gorgeous buildings but it gets a bit samey.

I think Nottingham edges it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending