The Student Room Group

Parking Ticket/Penalty Charge Notice

My neighbours asked me to move my vehicle so she could jump start her daughter's car, I decided to move it on to the main road for only a couple of minutes. When I got back to the car there was that famous black and yellow sticky bag thing and it was for £55! I don't really feel like giving up £55 when the car was literally parked right outside of my house for a matter of minutes.

I'm definitely going to appeal but I don't really have a good enough reason so I might have to spray paint the sign post later tonight and say "I didn't know I couldn't park here because there was no sign to say otherwise.

Any thoughts??
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
was it really only a couple of mins?
Original post by stirkee
was it really only a couple of mins?

20 minutes at the most.
Reply 3
Original post by AtheClassicMan
My neighbours asked me to move my vehicle so she could jump start her daughter's car, I decided to move it on to the main road for only a couple of minutes. When I got back to the car there was that famous black and yellow sticky bag thing and it was for £55! I don't really feel like giving up £55 when the car was literally parked right outside of my house for a matter of minutes.

I'm definitely going to appeal but I don't really have a good enough reason so I might have to spray paint the sign post later tonight and say "I didn't know I couldn't park here because there was no sign to say otherwise.

Any thoughts??

Yeah... get out of a parking fine by committing a crime.. really f**king logical.

Council issued fine? Pay up. It should be halved if paid within 14 days - learn from your mistake.
1) A couple of minutes is 5 max. Not 20.
2) You are aware that they usually take a photo of the sign along with your car? So saying the sign wasn't there is a bit void when they'll just pull up the photo
3) Just because it's outside your house doesn't give you a right to park there if the road says otherwise

Just pay the ticket.
haha thats genius
Original post by AtheClassicMan

Any thoughts??

Pay the fine. And you do realise that they take photos at every angle of your car and the surroundings too so covering up the sign will just result in you getting another fine for criminal damage. You illegally parked your car somewhere for 20 minutes at most, you say, which is definitely not a few minutes. Tough t*tties to you sir.
In the time it took you to post on here you could have written the council a cheque. It would be far too easy to comment on your lack of common sense, so I won't.
Should've stayed with your vehicle whilst it was parked there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending