The Student Room Group

Accounting personal statement help?

I know the basics, like work experince, why you want to study it..ect
But I just don't know what to include. What to say. Even I don't know why I want to do accounting/business
Reply 1
Original post by Lia22
I know the basics, like work experince, why you want to study it..ect
But I just don't know what to include. What to say. Even I don't know why I want to do accounting/business

If you don't know why you want to study it, why are you applying? You must know. What bits do you enjoy? What first attracted you to the subject? What have you read/seen in the news and thought "well, that sounds interesting"? Why don't you want to do a degree in French and psychology?
Reply 2
Ive decided to do a business and accounting course, I've pretty much got the business side covered but the accounting bit is lacking.
Considering I don't do any subjects relating to this course (bio, chem, psych), I'm not too sure what to write for it.
Should I do some accounting work experience?
Any suggestions for wider reading?
Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by Lia22
Ive decided to do a business and accounting course, I've pretty much got the business side covered but the accounting bit is lacking.
Considering I don't do any subjects relating to this course (bio, chem, psych), I'm not too sure what to write for it.
Should I do some accounting work experience?
Any suggestions for wider reading?
Thanks

How have you chosen the course if you don't know anything about it? You must have some interest, and that's what you need to write about. Why do you want to study accounting? You may want to do some work experience, but you also need to talk about the academic side of the course.
Reply 4
So I've pretty much done a draft for my ps, which is for accounting and finance/ accounting and business.
After giving it to a teacher I received feedback, that I had alot of work experience/skills and all that, but needed to add more theory into it.
But, I'm not really sure how to add this in?
Do I connect it to my work experience/make a new paragraph for it?
Would it be considered plagiarism if the content is from a text book or online...do I just give a few lines and explain why I find it interesting??
Help
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending