The Student Room Group

Which UK University has the most beautiful Campus?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Muttley79
You don't have to include the ones in the article - be a free thinker. Oxbridge is made up of colleges - it is not a campus.

A free thinker? You are taking a TSR poll awfully seriously.
Original post by Muttley79
You don't have to include the ones in the article - be a free thinker. Oxbridge is made up of colleges - it is not a campus.
Your opinion is noted. Mine is unchanged. Have a nice day.:smile:
Original post by DJKL
There is no Edinburgh campus, it is spread all over the place, you have Old College, New College, George Square, which is nothing to write home about, you have Teviot Row, McEwan Hall, Staff club in Chambers Street, Pleasance, Kings Buildings, Holyrood etc etc. What it does have is one of the better cities around it but frankly, and I say this as a graduate and a resident, it is not , university wise, that stunning.

Kings at Aberdeen is imho prettier but then one lifts one's gaze and spots the other bits around it, same with St Andrews, some parts are great but again it would be hard to say that either Computer Science of Geosciences were housed in stunning buildings, they are not.

Yes, I think I am letting my love of Edinburgh cloud my judgement a bit for that one.
UPDATE!!!

Nottingham take third place!!!:eek:
Leader-board after 2 days:

:king1: Cambridge - 42

:king2: Oxford - 25

:king3: Nottingham - 12

4th Birmingham - 11
5th Keele - 9
6th Exeter - 7
=7th Aberdeen - 6
=7th St. Andrews - 6
=7th Royal Holloway - 6
10th Queen's University Belfast - 4
=11th Sussex - 3
=11th Bristol - 3
=13th Bangor - 2
=13th Greenwich - 2
(edited 6 years ago)
A competition about most beautiful campuses without Stirling isn't worth running

L1030036-945x630.jpg
Original post by nulli tertius
A competition about most beautiful campuses without Stirling isn't worth running

L1030036-945x630.jpg
:daydreaming:

PS I love your signature.:mmm:
sab_harlaxton.jpg

May I also mention the University of Evansville whose British campus is in Lincolnshire.

It is where King Arthur got his BA in swordsmanship :tongue:
:king3:

Birmingham now in joint third with Nottingham:dance:
Original post by J-SP
I can't quite believe this exists - maybe its just where they learn "British Studies" that it makes it seem a little too surreal.

The American Harry Potter/Downton Abbey fans with too much money must think this is amazing

The big difference from other "study abroad" programmes is students are not squatters in someone else's building or occupiers of some anonymous teaching rooms.They become alumni of Harlaxton College.

https://harlaxton.evansville.edu/

Harlaxton has had an enormous and entirely serendipitous effect on what was otherwise a nothing university in a nowhere town in the middle of nowhere. Stanford had the place before Evansville but made nothing of it and eventually moved to the High in Oxford, where they have the visibility of a submarine.
Original post by J-SP
I can't quite believe this exists - maybe its just where they learn "British Studies" that it makes it seem a little too surreal.

The American Harry Potter/Downton Abbey fans with too much money must think this is amazing
Parts of Downton Abbey where filmed there if I recognise it correctly.:yep:

I think it may have been some of the inspiration for the architecture of Hogwarts too. The Quidditch practice area based on those lawns.:colondollar:
Leader-board after 3 days:

:king1: Cambridge - 44

:king2: Oxford - 27

:king3: Nottingham - 13

4th Birmingham - 12
5th Keele - 9
5th Exeter - 9
=7th St. Andrews - 7
=7th Royal Holloway - 7
9th Aberdeen - 6
=10th Queen's University Belfast - 4
=10th Bristol - 4
11th Sussex - 3
=13th Bangor - 2
=13th Greenwich - 2
Original post by 04MR17
Leader-board after 3 days:

:king1: Cambridge - 44

:king2: Oxford - 27

Oh, what a surprise. :P
Original post by CastCuraga
Oh, what a surprise. :P
I know right?:rolleyes:
Cambridge
Reply 75
Roehampton, which isn't on there also has a nice campus. I went to the open days for both Roehampton and Greenwich but ended up elsewhere because employers care about the quality of your uni, not beauty.
Original post by J-SP
This may sound harsh, but does it have a reputation of attracting the rich and not so intelligent? A requirement of a 2.5 GPA seems a little low!

I think there is some informal selection at the home colleges of those who would benefit from the experience. It doesn't seem to end up with the stereotypical bored American teenager looking for the next McDonalds. Although in theory open to any American college students, in practice they come from smaller provincial cities in America.

It seems to select its visiting faculty on the same basis.

https://www.wku.edu/studyabroad/harlaxton-teach.php
Original post by Trapz99
Cambridge
Which bit is your favourite?
I like the look of Keel's 'old' bits - unfortunately these days you drive in through the medical school which looks like a business park where some cost cutting property developer bought the buildings out of a catalogue :frown:

But at least it is a proper campus :top:
Original post by Joinedup
I like the look of Keel's 'old' bits - unfortunately these days you drive in through the medical school which looks like a business park where some cost cutting property developer bought the buildings out of a catalogue :frown:

But at least it is a proper campus :top:
You're at Keele?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending