The Student Room Group

Deferred my entry to uni but have now changed my mind..

I recently deferred my entry to university for 2018 but things have come up and I feel like I've made a mistake and want to attend this year instead. I understand freshers has gone now and we're about two weeks into the term but does anyone think it would be possible to call up and ask if I can start now instead of deferring for next year? Worth asking as I don't want to make myself seem stupid by calling them up before roughly knowing what they would say.
Reply 1
Original post by Georgiaa21
I recently deferred my entry to university for 2018 but things have come up and I feel like I've made a mistake and want to attend this year instead. I understand freshers has gone now and we're about two weeks into the term but does anyone think it would be possible to call up and ask if I can start now instead of deferring for next year? Worth asking as I don't want to make myself seem stupid by calling them up before roughly knowing what they would say.

Have you considered accommodation and finance? Accommodation on campus will most likely be full, so you'll be looking at private accommodation which can be expensive or far away. You're not going to get any money from student finance for several weeks, so do you have enough money to cover expenses until your loan arrives? Bearing in mind that if you do go for private accommodation, they will want deposits and payment up front.

Some unis will let you start late, so the only way to know is to contact them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending