The Student Room Group

Wanting to teach myself A-level history and have some questions.

Ok so i ****ed up my A levels and came out with CEE. I want to end up BCC so at least i can do something decent. I can retake geography but have no motivation to redo my other subject so would like to do history instead. However i am finding the ordeal quite confusing and am unsure as where to start.

1. Can i do the A2 without first having to take the AS? I only have less than a year to do this and doing both seems like too much work especually with geogrpahy to redo too.

2. AQA NEA thing? I read the spec and it says that i apparently must have picked my chosen subject and had it checked by AQA 12 MONTHS BEFORE THE EXAM DATE. Is this true? Becuase if so then im ****ed. Its october and cant really get into uni next year if i can only finish the exam in october (is this even possible? Since i would surely have to wait until next june to sit components 1 and 2)

I was actually really hyped about studying history again and finally managed to get motivated to do something eith my life, but this NEA deadline thing seems to have ruined it.
Original post by Louisbo12
Ok so i ****ed up my A levels and came out with CEE. I want to end up BCC so at least i can do something decent. I can retake geography but have no motivation to redo my other subject so would like to do history instead. However i am finding the ordeal quite confusing and am unsure as where to start.

1. Can i do the A2 without first having to take the AS? I only have less than a year to do this and doing both seems like too much work especually with geogrpahy to redo too.

2. AQA NEA thing? I read the spec and it says that i apparently must have picked my chosen subject and had it checked by AQA 12 MONTHS BEFORE THE EXAM DATE. Is this true? Becuase if so then im ****ed. Its october and cant really get into uni next year if i can only finish the exam in october (is this even possible? Since i would surely have to wait until next june to sit components 1 and 2)

I was actually really hyped about studying history again and finally managed to get motivated to do something eith my life, but this NEA deadline thing seems to have ruined it.

1,History is linear so you are now tested on the whole two year syllabus in the exam.
2. You are going to have to check with AQA. Ringing them seems the way for a quick answer.

Maybe try something online like cloudlearn?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending