The Student Room Group

New Political Party

I want to set up a new group/political party called Peoples Party UK and looking for helpers.
I believe what the UK government has been doing over the past few years hasn't worked and its time for REAL change and no one seems to want to do anything about it. Would anyone be interested in helping me set up this new group. I am serious about this so need some volunteers to help, want young, friendly, co-operative people interested in politics. I am based in Bristol.
When you say Real Change what do you mean? The Brexit negociations are going to bring real change, generally of the negative type. Is that the sort of change you are thinking of?
Reply 2
Original post by ByEeek
When you say Real Change what do you mean? The Brexit negociations are going to bring real change, generally of the negative type. Is that the sort of change you are thinking of?

I mean changes to better our education, a new type of nhs which concentrates totally on patients needs, proper equality for all. Basically a new way the government could change things.
Original post by davsm90
I mean changes to better our education, a new type of nhs which concentrates totally on patients needs, proper equality for all. Basically a new way the government could change things.

But again - what does "better" education actually mean? How will you know that it is better? I have just started teaching and the education system now is tonnes better than when I was at school.

And if the NHS isn't serving patients needs, what exactly is it doing? Certainly the last few times I have used it, my needs were seen to.

Forgive me for shooting you down, but people have been calling for change since the beginning of time, but never seem to be able to pin down what that change actually means or will cost. There is also no recognition for the fact that despite problems here and there, life for most in Britain right now is pretty peachy in comparison to the rest of the world.

I don't want big change. In fact I wish people would stop calling for big change. What we actually need to do (IMO) is take what we have, which is actually pretty good, and tweak it to make it even better. The reason the NHS is in the state it is in, is because every 5 - 10 years some politician gets a bonner about the fact that it has to be reorganised at huge cost and disruption to all who work in the NHS. And after all that cost and disruption, the net gain is nothing.
great - if you want to do it go for it.

But you are first going to need to nail down your key goals and core principles. No one can join something if you cant explain quickly and properly what it stands for.

Should be in the opening: what does the party believe in, and what does it want to do.

(I would love to set up a political party, as my views are not currently represented well by any of the main parties.. personally though I do not believe it is worth my time as without the nessasary resources, experiance and connections, it would just be a time-sink for me that would eat my life and achieve little)
Reply 5
Original post by fallen_acorns
great - if you want to do it go for it.

But you are first going to need to nail down your key goals and core principles. No one can join something if you cant explain quickly and properly what it stands for.

Should be in the opening: what does the party believe in, and what does it want to do.

(I would love to set up a political party, as my views are not currently represented well by any of the main parties.. personally though I do not believe it is worth my time as without the nessasary resources, experiance and connections, it would just be a time-sink for me that would eat my life and achieve little)

Many of my views aren't represented either in the current government. People say they want change but do nothing about it. I want a party that is more for the people with main principles to improve the NHS, better education, control of immigration, more benefits for the poorer in society. Give all british jobs to british people. I would definitely get rid of speed camera's!
What are your views?
Original post by davsm90
Many of my views aren't represented either in the current government. People say they want change but do nothing about it. I want a party that is more for the people with main principles to improve the NHS, better education, control of immigration, more benefits for the poorer in society. Give all british jobs to british people. I would definitely get rid of speed camera's!
What are your views?

May I ask why you would get rid of speed cameras? Also do you have any statistical evidence as to why people need more benefits? I live in an area where the majority of people are on benefits and no one complains and everyone in my school look and seem generally well. I'm 14 - I'm trying to broaden my view of the political world, so thx if you reply.
Reply 7
If anything, one should utilise those who are unemployed by making them part timers contractor in the Civil Service to the value of their benefits, provide some training and then they can do some basic level work, if it then satisfies the required need in say civil services then allow companies to apply for aid grants in the form of a worker, so small companies who need unskilled staff but have little capital can utilise the system to benefit them aswell as getting those out of work, working again, and then when a company has money and is making a good positive cash flow it's grant is terminated and it can take on the employee full time - one that needs no training and has experience in that company.
Reply 8
Also that old social welfare system was bankrupting the kingdom and required major reform, it needs tweaked slightly still but it isnt the more horrible thing that is happening
So is this political party focused on Protectionist and nationalist policies? Cus it seems so by what I'm seeing...
Reply 10
Original post by davsm90
Many of my views aren't represented either in the current government. People say they want change but do nothing about it. I want a party that is more for the people with main principles to improve the NHS, better education, control of immigration

So basically what both existing mainstream parties aim for?

more benefits for the poorer in society. Give all british jobs to british people. I would definitely get rid of speed camera's!

So Labour, crossed with man-in-the-pub type stuff and more spending? Couldn't you just join UKIP or something?
Original post by davsm90
I want to set up a new group/political party called Peoples Party UK and looking for helpers.
I believe what the UK government has been doing over the past few years hasn't worked and its time for REAL change and no one seems to want to do anything about it. Would anyone be interested in helping me set up this new group. I am serious about this so need some volunteers to help, want young, friendly, co-operative people interested in politics. I am based in Bristol.

And you'll need to get together £5k for any candidate you want to stand at elections, not to mention travel or campaigning expenses.

Your ideas seem very generic and most of the main parties are saying the same kind of stuff - true they don't always deliver.
Original post by davsm90

If you are seriously you should set out exactly what sort of party you want to create - in detail.

No one can even think about joining you unless they have an idea of what they are joining.

Also political party’s are far more numerous than the handful they mention on tv. It wouldn’t surprise me if there is 50 in operation currently.

Perhaps you should look up those parties to join.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending