The Student Room Group

Aiming for Medicine and A*AA at A-levels!!

Hi, I have recently applied to medicine at leicester,southampton,bristol and University of East Anglia!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
16/10/17
Aiming to:
Revise 3 hours of maths
Write up Lab Practicals for both chemistry and biology :smile:
Original post by elvss567
16/10/17
Aiming to:
Revise 3 hours of maths
Write up Lab Practicals for both chemistry and biology :smile:

Tonight?
Reply 3
Original post by euphonious
Tonight?

yes!:biggrin:
yes!:biggrin:

Best of luck.
Reply 5
Original post by euphonious
Best of luck.

Thankyou!:smile:
Thankyou!:smile:

I don't think sitting on TSR all night is going to help you :P
Reply 7
believe it or not tsr is open on my laptop tabs just in case i get stuck on any maths questions:smile:
Reply 8
20/10/17

Chemistry:I'm finding it difficult to revise organic chemistry aspect of chemistry. I understand most of the content and yet, when it comes to the past paper questions I struggle very much. It's frustrating being stuck every question or so but I did pick up chemistry knowing how difficult it was going to be so just trying to persevere.
Biology: So far, i have not spent much time on this so i'm taking this half term to re-revise any topics we done so far and attempt past paper questions on them. If i have time, i would possibly look into revising some of the topic from last year as well, just to stay on top of things.
Maths: I''m enjoying working on core 3 questions and S1 questions and all the content seems to come together as i do past paper questions, which is nice for once to be honest!
:smile:
Aiming to :
Finish the 10 organic past paper questions
Finish a core 3 past paper - work on the weak areas such as integration
Make bio notes and memorise the topic.
Reply 9
25/10/17

I have recently made a timetable for my revision after feeling like my revision is going a bit slow and perhaps not productive as i would have liked. I'm willing to motivate myself to stick to the time table i created as best as i can.
Currently, i'm on a work experience placement at a hospital therefore i don't have much time to revise as i would have liked but that's okay. I'm managing okay so far.
I have recently discovered more effective way of studying bio - first memorising then trying past paper questions then reviewing any past paper question that i've got wrong. This at the moment seems like a good technique. I have a photosynthesis test coming up so i'm going to test this and see if it's effective,i'll keep you guys updated on this.
Overall, my favourite quote to get me through the revision is :
" PUSH YOURSELF. BECAUSE, NO ONE ELSE IS GOING TO DO IT FOR YOU!"
(edited 6 years ago)
25/10/17

I have recently made a timetable for my revision after feeling like my revision is going a bit slow and perhaps not productive as i would have liked. I'm willing to motivate myself to stick to the time table i created as best as i can.
Currently, i'm on a work experience placement at a hospital therefore i don't have much time to revise as i would have liked but that's okay. I'm managing okay so far.
I have recently discovered more effective way of studying bio - first memorising then trying past paper questions then reviewing any past paper question that i've got wrong. This at the moment seems like a good technique. I have a photosynthesis test coming up so i'm going to test this and see if it's effective,i'll keep you guys updated on this.

Is this turning up as a lot of text for anyone else? :biggrin: Good luck OP!
25/10/17

hopefully you will have some more productive revision sessions over the next few days, i’m loving your thread! that quote was really inspiring :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by larkspurs
Is this turning up as a lot of text for anyone else? :biggrin: Good luck OP!

Yes it is,I have edited it now and thankyou!:biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by anyapoundall02
hopefully you will have some more productive revision sessions over the next few days, i’m loving your thread! that quote was really inspiring :smile:

I genuinely hope so as well! I wasn't sure about starting a thread in the first place but i'm glad i did!!:smile:
I genuinely hope so as well! I wasn't sure about starting a thread in the first place but i'm glad i did!!:smile:

same with me! i hate doing this shameless self-promoting thing but it’s the only way people see it - you can check mine out if you like! good luck :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by anyapoundall02
same with me! i hate doing this shameless self-promoting thing but it’s the only way people see it - you can check mine out if you like! good luck :smile:

I will do!:biggrin:
Hi, I have recently applied to medicine at leicester,southampton,bristol and University of East Anglia!

Hey, good luck in your journey in Medicine.

I've applied to Leicester, UEA and Bristol too :smile:. Where's your first choice?
Reply 17
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Hey, good luck in your journey in Medicine.

I've applied to Leicester, UEA and Bristol too :smile:. Where's your first choice?

Thankyou! i'm not sure tbh. They all are equally as good in my perspective! What did you pick as your 4th?
Reply 18
31/10/2017 : 28 weeks left till exams!!
Honestly can't believe it's 1st of November tomorrow! I have updated my timetable to make it more detailed and set specific times that i should be studying every day.
Despite going back to sixth form for two days, I am exhausted! But, I do feel like i'm getting a lot of stuff done in chemistry and biology. We are doing photosynthesis so i have completed almost all
the topic by questions on physics and maths tutor. I'm just trying to memorise the mark scheme answers that i have been repeatedly getting wrong. I'm not sure if memorising the mark
scheme is helpful or not for biology, let me know if any of you guys have already taken or is doing A- level bio:smile:!

Unfortunately i am behind a lot of core 3 this week , i'm planning to set aside this weekend to catch up if everything goes well.

My quote of the day for me today would be : "You're an idiot.Study Harder":biggrin: This seems to reflect my current situation.
Reply 19
14/11/2017 : Only 26 weeks left till exams!!

I'm focusing on maths today mainly. I have bought the OCR core 3 & 4 textbook and i'm going through it slowly. I'll list below all the core 3 topic here so i can track my progress as i finish
each topic:smile::

Successive Transformations
Functions
Exponential growth and decay
Extending differentiation and integration
Differentiating exponential and logarithms
Trigonometry
The modulus function
Solving equations numerically
The chain rule - 14/11/17 (currently on this topic)
Differentiating Products
Volume of Revolution
Simpson's rule

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending