The Student Room Group

I'm sick and half-term is next week

So I have a cold and it is pretty bad.
I have a fever, my nose is runny and so are my eyes. My chest hurts and I don't feel like eating. I have a geography test on Thursday which is annoying because we had to rush into it especially when the teacher who planned the test was on paternity leave for 2 weeks. So there is pressure because we received the revise list today and because I do Art I won't have time to revise tomorrow because I come home late. So I can't cram everything in especially when I am sick. Also I have an English essay on Friday and I want to focus on that. I really don't feel like going to school tomorrow because I need rest. I burn myself out all the time and my body is giving up. But taking a day off would effect my attendance.

Scroll to see replies

ok? suck it up and move on
Just wait till uni. I have an assignment due in on Friday and I'm sat procrastinating on TSR.
Soldier on half term is soon! Get as much sleep as possible and drink lots of fluids! Revise in small bursts, don’t tire yourself out, get well soon 👍🏽
It's really easy to say because you don't see how serious my cold is.
Maybe just take some days off school to recover. Rest, rest, revise??? I know it’s the most common thing to say! Sorry! 😊👍🏽
Original post by july13
Maybe just take some days off school to recover. Rest, rest, revise??? I know it’s the most common thing to say! Sorry! 😊👍🏽

It is so annoying because I am trying to do my art HW nad my eyes are so tierd and sore.
When is it due in for?
Original post by july13
When is it due in for?

Art HW due tommrow.
Oh 😬 once I felt awful in geography and the teacher sent me to the office because I looked genuinely ill. Maybe if you explain to you teacher that your unwell she’s may feel sympathetic. Or do as much work as possible until a certain time and then rest.
At least then you know you tried your best 👍🏽
Original post by july13
Oh 😬 once I felt awful in geography and the teacher sent me to the office because I looked genuinely ill. Maybe if you explain to you teacher that your unwell she’s may feel sympathetic. Or do as much work as possible until a certain time and then rest.
At least then you know you tried your best 👍🏽

I was in Art today and she told me to go home but I didn't because I had other lessons to attend. But when I told I was going to go home, she said okay.
At least she knows that’s you are unwell 🤒 I know being at school feeling like hell is the worst going home made me feel much better! Because then you aren’t 100% listening and maybe concentrating.
Recover as soon as possible,
You may be dragging in on as you are working a lot. Hope it helped
Original post by july13
At least she knows that’s you are unwell 🤒 I know being at school feeling like hell is the worst going home made me feel much better! Because then you aren’t 100% listening and maybe concentrating.
Recover as soon as possible,
You may be dragging in on as you are working a lot. Hope it helped

Thanks it is just that i have all these tests coming up and it is annpying because I don't feel well. Especially on Thursday because it is when the year sixes come and we have to stay in art till half 7.
I’m sure the teachers will understand tie situation if you say your unwell on the year 6 evening. And remember it’s only October. Any tests you miss out now they’ll most probably make you sit Thelma after half term. Then it means you’ll feel better, you can revise properly and do the best you can!
Btw what year are you in?
Original post by july13
I’m sure the teachers will understand tie situation if you say your unwell on the year 6 evening. And remember it’s only October. Any tests you miss out now they’ll most probably make you sit Thelma after half term. Then it means you’ll feel better, you can revise properly and do the best you can!
Btw what year are you in?

year 12.
Sixth form life is hard! The work load at the moment is a lot 😩
Original post by july13

It is that is why iy is annoying for me especially being sick.
Original post by july13

My chest is hurting and my eye is so small more like shrunk.
Rest up now and catch up on work later, you can do assessments after the half-term and it'll all be fine. Attendance doesn't matter as much as your health.
It's funny because I took a day off school today for:

1. To avoid cross country
2. Period pains.

I'M NOT RUNNING WHEN ITS MY FIRST DAY

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending