The Student Room Group

will SOAS still offer me a place with a D at maths GCSE?

Hey guys so this year I'm applying for social anthropology and my dream uni is SOAS. I'm Predicted distinction* for Business level 3 BTEC, A* for sociology and a B for religious studies. But I'm really afraid that my maths grade from GCSE will hinder my chances, since I got a D in it (I'll be retaking in june next year). Will SOAS look heavily at my grade for maths when deciding on whether they should give me a place or not? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
well, they only require ABB, so I imagine the A* and D* will overwrite any negatives with your GCSE. You should email the admissions department and ask them :smile:
Original post by abloominglotus
Hey guys so this year I'm applying for social anthropology and my dream uni is SOAS. I'm Predicted distinction* for Business level 3 BTEC, A* for sociology and a B for religious studies. But I'm really afraid that my maths grade from GCSE will hinder my chances, since I got a D in it (I'll be retaking in june next year). Will SOAS look heavily at my grade for maths when deciding on whether they should give me a place or not? Thanks :smile:

universities can be strict on gcse grades so ask them before applying :smile:
Original post by Avaia
well, they only require ABB, so I imagine the A* and D* will overwrite any negatives with your GCSE. You should email the admissions department and ask them :smile:

thanks, I've just never wanted to e-mail them about it bc i've always been too afraid to find out, but i will do now!
Original post by claireestelle
universities can be strict on gcse grades so ask them before applying :smile:

yeah that's true. i really just hope it won't be looked at so much and that they'll see that my grade is pending lool
Reply 5
Original post by abloominglotus
yeah that's true. i really just hope it won't be looked at so much and that they'll see that my grade is pending lool

Here you go: [email protected]
Original post by Avaia
Here you go: [email protected]

thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending