The Student Room Group

Holidays on Notice

Hi there,

Can anyone help me. I am going on a trip middle December 15th for over a month. I am wanting to hand my notice in at work the day before I go 14th. I start my new job when home from my trip. Although I am wanting to be paid over the the trip. I have had this trip booked off work for over a year. My holidays start Jan to Jan, and I only have to give 2 weeks notice.
Does anyone know if i am OK to do this at work ?and will be paid for my holidays ?
I'm not quite sure if I understand you.

Have you booked time off to go on holiday?

You say you want to give your notice, I presume you mean as in resign? You'd still be expected to work the notice period set in your contract, it'll depend on your employers policies as to whether you can work this notice period whilst on leave and will depend on if you have enough annual leave to use for this.
(edited 6 years ago)
If you have annual leave left when you quit you either need to take it or be paid for it so I doubt it will be a rpoblem.
Yes I have already booked the time off its over Christmas as well which everyone in work gets off.
I fly 15th and want to hand my notice (resign) on 14th. These holiday dates have been booked off year in advance.

Original post by moonkatt
I'm not quite sure if I understand you.

Have you booked time off to go on holiday?

You say you want to give your notice, I presume you mean as in resign? You'd still be expected to work the notice period set in your contract, it'll depend on your employers policies as to whether you can work this notice period whilst on leave and will depend on if you have enough annual leave to use for this.
Reply 4
Original post by billiejeanhall26
Yes I have already booked the time off its over Christmas as well which everyone in work gets off.
I fly 15th and want to hand my notice (resign) on 14th. These holiday dates have been booked off year in advance.

They will adjust your final pay slip as necessary. But why give notice the day before you are going on holiday - that's not likely to leave them with a good impression of you and might affect any references etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending