The Student Room Group

Retail Resignation Letter

Hi, I might be having an accepted offer from another retail company. How do I plan writing a notice with the company in with. I’ve been there for 2 years so what’s the acceptable weeks worth of notice to give? The colleague handbook does not specify how many weeks to give.
Original post by Pro Gamer 2003
Hi, I might be having an accepted offer from another retail company. How do I plan writing a notice with the company in with. I’ve been there for 2 years so what’s the acceptable weeks worth of notice to give? The colleague handbook does not specify how many weeks to give.

I'd be very surprised if there was not something written into the contract with respect to how much notice you're expected to provide. It might not be in the handbook, as the handbook is presumably designed for all employees and the notice period could vary from person to person (depending on their role, length of service, or whatever). Given that you've been there for two years, I'd have thought that four weeks notice would be more likely.
Notice required ought to be in your contract. Typically it is 1 week per year, perhaps subject to a minimum of 2.

Keep the letter short & polite.

Dear Line Manager,
In line with what I believe to be the company requirements, I hereby give you 2 week's notice of my intention to leave Ted Baker/Tescos/ as I have secured a new position elsewhere.
For the avoidance of doubt, my last working day will be the XXth of June 2023.
I would be grateful if you would confirm receipt of this notice and that the P45 will be issued in time for me to pass to the new employer. It would also be helpful if you could let me know of the exit procedures regarding company equipment such as lanyards/ID cards etc. and whether there are any adjustments covering the like of bonuses, untaken holidays etc. I should anticipate seeing in my final payslip.

With thanks

ProGamer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending