The Student Room Group

Mental health & Uni

I am currently try to decide what would be best for me considering the horrible year I have had so far with anxiety, panic attacks and depression cycles.
I have been accepted into university for nursing but have began to think realistically as to whether I will be capable of dealing with univeristy... any advice? TIA
Take a gap year and focus on yourself, you are way more important than Uni
Reply 2
Thank you for that beautiful advice.. you’re not the first person to tell me that.. I’m definitely considering it ☺️
Reply 3
It's an interesting juggle managing uni and mental health. I've got bipolar and it's something I did think about when applying and took 2 years out before starting, it's more of a marathon than a race.
You never know what's Round the corner and it could be that things are difficult at uni but I think going in at the best you can be will help. I've relapsed after nearly 4 years and can say going into uni well and setting ground there for at least first year has helped me cope and stay in uni for year 2.
Hope that kinda helps 😊
you really need to be stable to cope with the stress your going to be facing. its very stressful. learn how to control your health issues and then start. no point starting before your ready.
Original post by stunurse
I am currently try to decide what would be best for me considering the horrible year I have had so far with anxiety, panic attacks and depression cycles.
I have been accepted into university for nursing but have began to think realistically as to whether I will be capable of dealing with univeristy... any advice? TIA

I am in a similar situation, only sent my UCAS application off today but I am really unsure whether I should go to uni. I’m scared of not coping with my anxiety and panic disorder ☹️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending