The Student Room Group

Summer work outside the UK

Hi there!
Just a quick question.
Are there any suggestions/advice for a summer work outside the UK?
Preferably the USA, but it doesn't have to be.
I saw various camps all over, but that doesn't seem to be a reliable option.
To describe my background a little bit, I'm an EU student, currently studying at University of Bedfordshire, Luton. Also, one important fact is that I need to finance myself which is the reason that earning money is a priority.
Although, if I can choose between a job with more money and without proper experience and job with a less money and better experience, I would rather choose the second one.
Another important thing is, for what I see right now, I would like to apply for a med school after my graduation, as a Graduate Entry Medicine scheme.
Thus, a job in that area would be great, but I don't mind doing anything.
Original post by jplascev
Hi there!
Just a quick question.
Are there any suggestions/advice for a summer work outside the UK?
Preferably the USA, but it doesn't have to be.
I saw various camps all over, but that doesn't seem to be a reliable option.
To describe my background a little bit, I'm an EU student, currently studying at University of Bedfordshire, Luton. Also, one important fact is that I need to finance myself which is the reason that earning money is a priority.
Although, if I can choose between a job with more money and without proper experience and job with a less money and better experience, I would rather choose the second one.
Another important thing is, for what I see right now, I would like to apply for a med school after my graduation, as a Graduate Entry Medicine scheme.
Thus, a job in that area would be great, but I don't mind doing anything.

No one is going to give you a medical job without a medical degree. Make sure you get the required work experience though and the range of experience required. Think about things you can do from which you can gain the required transferable skills and demonstrate the required qualities. Check out the medicine forum :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
No one is going to give you a medical job without a medical degree. Make sure you get the required work experience though and the range of experience required. Think about things you can do from which you can gain the required transferable skills and demonstrate the required qualities. Check out the medicine forum :smile:

Basically, I checked about all of that through medicine subforum, but thanks anyway.
What I wanted to know is there any better option that camps to earn money?
Original post by jplascev
Basically, I checked about all of that through medicine subforum, but thanks anyway.
What I wanted to know is there any better option that camps to earn money?

Medical work experience won’t be paid. This is a UK site so you may not get many responses about work in America. Your best bet is to do some research.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending