The Student Room Group

Master’s loan eligibility

I would like to know if I could still be eligible for a Master’s Loan as an EU national who has broken residence in the UK for three years, after applying for a returning resident visa. Also, if I provide a temporary work contract as evidence would I need to translate to english?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by studentlearn991
I would like to know if I could still be eligible for a Master’s Loan as an EU national who has broken residence in the UK for three years, after applying for a returning resident visa. Also, if I provide a temporary work contract as evidence would I need to translate to english?

Hi there, what university and course are you looking to apply for? When is your course due to start? What is your status in the UK? Thanks, Karen
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, what university and course are you looking to apply for? When is your course due to start? What is your status in the UK? Thanks, Karen

I am looking to apply for a Masters in Business Analytics at the University of Surrey, for September 2024. I wanted to check if I would be eligible for a loan so I can start planning towards it. I currently have settled status but by 2024 it would be 3 years that I’m out of the UK and from my understanding I would need to apply for a returning resident visa.
(edited 1 year ago)
I am looking to apply for a Masters in Business Analytics at the University of Surrey, for September 2024. I wanted to check if I would be eligible for a loan so I can start planning towards it. I currently have settled status but by 2024 it would be 3 years that I’m out of the UK and from my understanding I would need to apply for a returning resident visa.

Hi there,

Can you confirm where you have been living if not in the UK? When will you be returning the UK?

Thanks,
Claire
I have been living in Italy and I’ll be back by September 2024
I have been living in Italy and I’ll be back by September 2024

Is your time outside the UK temporary?

Thanks,
Claire
Original post by Claire SFE
Is your time outside the UK temporary?

Thanks,
Claire

Yes it is temporary. But I only have a 3 year apprenticeship contract to prove that, would that be enough? If so, would i need to translate the contract to english?
Yes it is temporary. But I only have a 3 year apprenticeship contract to prove that, would that be enough? If so, would i need to translate the contract to english?

Hi there, our 24/25 academic year applications won't launch until Summer 2024. Once they have launched you will be able to submit an application for the team to review. Once they have reviewed your application they will confirm if you are eligible to receive the funding or not. Thanks, Karen
Hello, @studentlearn991

I'm pleased to read you're interested in joining our community to study Business Analytics! We'd love to have you!

To add to what Karen and Claire from SFE said, I recommend having a read here to see if you can tick some boxes in relation to loan eligibility (bearing in mind some details may change from year to year). If you have any urgent questions, it can't hurt to contact SFE by telephone.

I hope this helps, and I wish you all the best!

Marko
2nd Year Student in BSc Accounting and Finance
(edited 12 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending