The Student Room Group

Dropping out and reapply - uni Help!

So currently I am at university and I’m really not enjoying my course. I’m studying sociology and I feel as though the course just isn’t right for me. Not only this, my I’m a really social person, but Iv made little friends and my flatmates - who I thought I’d be living with next year as we discussed it - have decided they wanted to move elsewhere. I’m not keen on the university or the city anymore, and I’m really regretting joining.

Can I re-apply this year to go to another university? So that I could start in 2018- the same year as my sister? And just possibly reject any of the option if the uni gets better next term, however this is unlikely?
Also,if I were to do so how could I get another reference? I could always email my old teachers from a levels? I’m just not that keen on my university lectures enough, however it could be done.

Any information would be very helpful’
Original post by Sophiaroma
So currently I am at university and I’m really not enjoying my course. I’m studying sociology and I feel as though the course just isn’t right for me. Not only this, my I’m a really social person, but Iv made little friends and my flatmates - who I thought I’d be living with next year as we discussed it - have decided they wanted to move elsewhere. I’m not keen on the university or the city anymore, and I’m really regretting joining.

Can I re-apply this year to go to another university? So that I could start in 2018- the same year as my sister? And just possibly reject any of the option if the uni gets better next term, however this is unlikely?
Also,if I were to do so how could I get another reference? I could always email my old teachers from a levels? I’m just not that keen on my university lectures enough, however it could be done.

Yes you can re apply for 2018 entry, yes you can reject the offer/withdraw your ucas application if things get better. You would need to either ask your personal tutor (unis would probably prefer this one) or ask old teachers from a-level
Reply 2
Original post by madmadmax321
Yes you can re apply for 2018 entry, yes you can reject the offer/withdraw your ucas application if things get better. You would need to either ask your personal tutor (unis would probably prefer this one) or ask old teachers from a-level

Would I need to make another UCAS account or use my one from last year?
Would I need to make another UCAS account or use my one from last year?

You will need to make a new one (and select you are applying independently, just means not through your six form)

Have a read of the first post in the Transfer FAQ stuck to the top of the Applications, Clearing and UCAS forum :smile:

It explains what you need to do and what you need to think about when changing university or course.

Student finance provides all its students with funding for a first degree for degree length + 1 gift year.

The gift year is for if you change your mind or have to give up or change course i.e its for you. It means you can apply though UCAS and start again in year 1 somewhere else and on a different course. You only get one gift year so make sure its right this time.

Yes you can reject any options in your new ucas application and continue where you are.

Your other options are.

1. Leave uni and take a gap,
2. Continue uni and apply via UCAS for a new course starting year 1.
3. Apply UCAS for a transfer at a different uni, but unlikely as you say you dont like the subject.

The reference then i would ask old teacher and it just needs amending to reflect the fact you have done your A levels and that you have changed subject. Your referee should know what to include. probably very little needs changing, just a small update.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending