The Student Room Group

Does study abroad with Erasmus improve your degree?

I am interested in doing a journalism degree and in my third/second year going to study abroad with Erasmus for one year.
Just wondering if the study abroad option improves your degree career prospects, and do you get the title of for e.g. Journalism (international)? I read this somewhere.
Would you have better career prospects if you wanted to work abroad in the future for example, if you learnt Spanish and spent a year studying at a partner university in Madrid?
Thank you guys
Original post by Leila1997
I am interested in doing a journalism degree and in my third/second year going to study abroad with Erasmus for one year.
Just wondering if the study abroad option improves your degree career prospects, and do you get the title of for e.g. Journalism (international)? I read this somewhere.
Would you have better career prospects if you wanted to work abroad in the future for example, if you learnt Spanish and spent a year studying at a partner university in Madrid?
Thank you guys

Study or work abroad is a great addition to your CV - it's unlikely to change your degree title though.

You might want to check with the universities that you're interested in - most have now had to withdraw from Erasmus due to brexit but they'll normally still have partnerships available for placements.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Study or work abroad is a great addition to your CV - it's unlikely to change your degree title though.

You might want to check with the universities that you're interested in - most have now had to withdraw from Erasmus due to brexit but they'll normally still have partnerships available for placements.

Hello, thank you for that.
I have noticed that Erasmus have added a Brexit update as of (29/09/2017) stating The National Agency strongly supports continued full membership of the programme for the UK through to 2020 as planned, under the proposed Brexit implementation period, so that at least 250,000 people across the UK have the chance to study, train or volunteer abroad, and that UK organisations can continue to collaborate on international projects.
Just to let you know :smile:
Original post by Leila1997
Hello, thank you for that.
I have noticed that Erasmus have added a Brexit update as of (29/09/2017) stating The National Agency strongly supports continued full membership of the programme for the UK through to 2020 as planned, under the proposed Brexit implementation period, so that at least 250,000 people across the UK have the chance to study, train or volunteer abroad, and that UK organisations can continue to collaborate on international projects.
Just to let you know :smile:

I know Erasmus are supporting full membership - that doesn't help with the fact that many universities have closed or are closing their erasmus partnerships. As I said though this doesn't mean that they don't still have partnerships available - just a warning that you need to talk about spending a semester/year abroad (under any partnership scheme) rather than limiting it to erasmus when you ask questions.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
I know Erasmus are supporting full membership - that doesn't help with the fact that many universities have closed or are closing their erasmus partnerships. As I said though this doesn't mean that they don't still have partnerships available - just a warning that you need to talk about spending a semester/year abroad (under any partnership scheme) rather than limiting it to erasmus when you ask questions.

Ahhh I see. Yes I will definitely do that :yy: thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending