The Student Room Group

Can I apply to two completely different courses?

I'm applying to study Film at university, however I saw a degree for Korean Studies that looks really interesting. I've seen that only three universities do this course, so I'm sure they rarely get personal statements that just discuss Korean culture. Would it be possible maybe just to discuss Korean film in my personal statement if I were to apply for this course? Would they accept this?
Original post by Goeke
I'm applying to study Film at university, however I saw a degree for Korean Studies that looks really interesting. I've seen that only three universities do this course, so I'm sure they rarely get personal statements that just discuss Korean culture. Would it be possible maybe just to discuss Korean film in my personal statement if I were to apply for this course? Would they accept this?

I think even if it is a niche course they would want to see that you were dedicated completely to it.
Original post by Goeke

You might be able to send some supplementary information to the uni that does Korean studies (along the lines of an alternative personal statement). I'd recommend getting in touch with the admissions dept at that uni and ask directly :smile: Or see if they have an official rep on TSR who can look into it for you.
Reply 3
Original post by Persephone K
You might be able to send some supplementary information to the uni that does Korean studies (along the lines of an alternative personal statement). I'd recommend getting in touch with the admissions dept at that uni and ask directly :smile: Or see if they have an official rep on TSR who can look into it for you.

Ok thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending